1 Replies - 11988 Views - Last Post: 25 September 2007 - 09:42 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Push pull data using web service

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:32 PM

Hi
I have incorporate this logic in my project.
The problem is:
I have to pass some parameters from the front end
to the back end basically in a stored procedure and based on those parameters some calculations are done and for each calculation 2-3 records are inserted into a table and as such around 10000 records are processed(i.e inserted(pushed) into the table) and the entire process takes around 2-3 minutes and I have to display those 10000 records in a report.
Now the requirement is the moment user enters those parameters from the front end and those records start getting processed in the back end (i.e the data starts getting pushed into the table) at that moment the front end starts pulling data from the back end...
simplest words: the moment data is geeting pushed into the table the user starts getting view of that data (i.e the front end starts puling data from that table) so that user dont have to wait for such a long time

(Note: I have 2 accomplish this task using web services, if possible)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Push pull data using web service

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Push pull data using web service

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:42 PM

If you tell me how much time you have, I'm currently working on a Tutorial on creating a Web Service in VB.Net, then consuming it in a Web Form. This will take a day or 2 to complete, but it may be worth your time to read it once I'm done.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1