2 Replies - 3789 Views - Last Post: 19 February 2014 - 06:30 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

What should I add/change to my site?

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:24 PM

Master Gamer Social

I need some help on what I should add or change. I am working on a chat system at the moment but that is going a little slow. I just don't know what else to make for it. If you have suggestions that would help a lot.

Post the suggestions here > https://www.masterga...topic.php?id=12

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: What should I add/change to my site?

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: What should I add/change to my site?

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:29 PM

Hey.

If you are half way serious about anybody ever using that site, you need to learn decent UI design, or get somebody who knows that area to help you. It doesn't really matter how awesome the features of a site may be, if it looks like something from a 90's Intro to web design class nobody will use it.

And don't take this offensively in any way; it's not meant like that. A lot of good web programmers how no clue how to design a decent UI, myself included. I know just about everything there is to know about HTML and CSS, but by myself that knowledge is pretty much useless.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: What should I add/change to my site?

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:30 PM

I agree with Atli. Right now--and don't take offense to this--the sites color scheme is giving me a migraine. bright green on fading blue. And just a glance at your HTML--you've got a lot of unnecessary breaks. (along side some very messy looking code). Here's a little tip from my personal book--until the site is completely ready and awesome to be released--stick with very minimal color design (I usually use #333, #CCC, #f1f1f1 and #000 for my colors until the site is near enough to warrant a style overhaul)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1