1 Replies - 573 Views - Last Post: 21 February 2014 - 06:27 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Validate Two Form in One Page

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:46 AM

Hi there. I am new to ColdFusion. I am confuse on how to create something like this (in the attachment)
I read it involves AJAX. and i have no idea what is that.

First, Select Number 1: Type of Students.
Then, The Problem involving type students will appear on Number 2.

Third, insert/select students ID to specify problem.

And forth/finally, Number 4 is to edit any problem of students information.
Can anyone help me?

Attached image(s)

• Attached Image

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Validate Two Form in One Page

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Validate Two Form in One Page

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:27 AM

CFnewbie, welcome to DIC. As you're new here (and possibly not possessed of the strongest English skills), maybe you missed the light text that underlaid the text input area where you typed in your post:

Posted Image

Those are our somewhat loose rules for how to get help with a coding or development question. In your case, while I acknowledge your newly created name even incorporates the word "newbie", you haven't posted a single character of CF code to show that you even attempted anything on your own.

In fact, reading all the way through your post, this reads like a kid who was given a homework assignment or project who's asking for someone to tell him how to do it. You likely "read it involves AJAX" because that's what was written on the assignment. 5 seconds on Google could have told you what AJAX is (it's not unique to CFML).

We here on DIC are happy to help out someone who truly has tried to solve their issue but has run into a problem they just can't solve and want to bounce it off others to see if they can suggest anything. We don't however provide code to those who don't try and we definitely won't do your homework for you. Lazy and/or cheating attempts aren't helped here.

Tell you what: go actually try to code the problem (follow the directions you were obviously given) and actually try and learn to perform the skill. If you're learning CF then presumably it's so you can do CFML development at some point in the future. You won't have much of a career if every task that's given to you, you go spend more time trying to get someone to do it for you rather than attempting and doing it yourself.

If you produce some kind of code in the future and you encounter an actual CF problem, please feel free to post back here and we'll see if we can help.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1