2 Replies - 210 Views - Last Post: 27 February 2014 - 04:23 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

PDF input

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:07 PM

I'm trying to write a quiz game.I have a bunch of PDF files with both questions and answers in them, but i don't have slightest idea on how to input them in program.Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: PDF input

#2 andrewsw  Icon User is online

• Fire giant boob nipple gun!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: PDF input

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:17 PM

What did you discover when you searched "python pdf"? I found the PDFMiner library, although I am sure there will be others. Added: I notice that this doesn't support Python 3, but there will be many other pdf libraries.

Do you really need to store and retrieve the data from pdfs? If you use conversion tools, including PDFMiner, to extract the questions and answers then you might store them in a text file, or XML file or a database; these are much easier to work with than pdfs.

This post has been edited by andrewsw: 27 February 2014 - 04:19 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: PDF input

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:23 PM

View Postandrewsw, on 27 February 2014 - 04:17 PM, said:

What did you discover when you searched "python pdf"? I found the PDFMiner library, although I am sure there will be others.

Do you really need to store and retrieve the data from pdfs? If you use conversion tools, including PDFMiner, to extract the questions and answers then you might store them in a text file, or XML file or a database; these are much easier to work with than pdfs.

I'll try with PDFMiner and see how it goes.I know its easier to work with text files, i tried some online conversion tools and text files i got from those pdfs were pretty jumbled.I just hope that won't be the case with PDFMiner.Thanks for reply
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1