3 Replies - 619 Views - Last Post: 21 March 2014 - 02:21 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

I introduce myself, Mahouxshounen

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:24 AM

The Actual Introduction:
Greetings. My name is Edgar Solymosi, but I just use the nick Mahouxshounen, or Magic Boy here on the net.I'm from Serbia, a small, meaningless little country in southeastern Europe.I am currently in college, soon finishing my second year in Computer Science. But I have to add that the level of knowledge Serbian schools can give is equal to zero. All that I know about computers and programming is what I could collect together over on the internet.I'm otherwise unemployed currently, and I have nothing to show up. No projects, no past workplaces, and no experience.

What I'm looking for...
What I want to do is find a community where I can sort of "settle down", learn the ropes, contribute, communicate with others, share my ideas, maybe ask for help, offer my help if I can.
I was looking for quite a while and I do feel(and hope) that I found my place here. Though in the end it will all be up to the people on here, and more importantly: If I will be accepted in here.

Short Bio(read only if you're interested)
What I was doing for the past few years: I studied Python, Java, C++, C#, Ruby, LISP, Assembly, PHP on a beginner level, and a little bit of Javascript. I expanded my knowledge in C++, I tried to venture into the territory of DirectX and OpenGL, which proved to be a bit too hard for me yet. I kept doing C++, and started experimenting with the Win32 API.
Since I was always interested in Game Programming(I know, sometimes I think of myself as the silliest person to try and write a game, but I just can't help it. I totally understand if you stop reading at this point), I tried these Game Developer Tools, like Game Maker, RPG Maker and 3D Game Studio. It was fun putting games and ideas together there, but it just didn't feel right. It was limiting for me, and I felt like I was cheating my way through to get a full game out easily. So I ended up back at C++ once again, but this time with the help of SDL 2.0. This is where I am right now, and to be honest, I like it right now. I want to add OpenGL in the picture and drop SDL to return back to the Win32 API, but it is indeed a tough thing this way. I just feel like I'm getting somewhere, and I'm afraid that I'm heading towards a dead end...Maybe I am, but that's why I'm here. To look, ask for help, and discuss.

Sorry if I bored anyone with this, and thank you if you read it. I'm just one from a million of programmer wannabes, but I still am one of them. See you guys around.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: I introduce myself, Mahouxshounen

#2 Michael26  Icon User is online

• DIC-head, major DIC-head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: I introduce myself, Mahouxshounen

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:23 AM

Nice to meet another Serbian around here :)/>
Just read the rules and i'm sure we will get along just fine.

This post has been edited by Michael26: 17 March 2014 - 09:24 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:59 PM

Thanks. Wow I wasn't really expecting a reply, and you're from Serbia too, which is cool too. Thank you, I read the rules and I will try my best to behave. Though I don't think my post count will be upping soon cause I don't seem to get stuck, which is great, and I will probably start up posting more frequently somewhere around summer, but I sure wanna stick around here.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 Michael26  Icon User is online

• DIC-head, major DIC-head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:21 AM

Well this forum is not only for people who are stuck, you can contribute your knowledge for others to use.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1