• (5 Pages)
  • +

73 Replies - 8169 Views - Last Post: 19 September 2014 - 03:54 PM

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Spring/Summer 2014 Fitness

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:50 PM

I wouldn't mind kayaking, but they rarely make kayaks for ogre sized men.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:55 PM

I'd love to but I'm poor :(
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:57 PM

View Postmodi123_1, on 25 April 2014 - 07:50 PM, said:

I wouldn't mind kayaking, but they rarely make kayaks for ogre sized men.

Lol, that's another concern. Stats say this thing is somewhere around 300lb weight limit. I'm right abouts 275 myself. Too close to be worth $100-$150?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:01 PM

With boats I would figure give a bit of extra cushion in there.. you know.. for gear. a bad wing/beer night, etc.

If it were me I would pass..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:50 PM

View Postmodi123_1, on 25 April 2014 - 08:01 PM, said:

With boats I would figure give a bit of extra cushion in there.. you know.. for gear. a bad wing/beer night, etc.

If it were me I would pass..

Fair enough. I told my rep. who will be present $100-$120. It will all depend on the opening bid by the auctioneer from there. He could start at $100, could be $50 or $80. Maybe higher. Just have to see.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:12 PM

I have been doing Stronglifts 5x5 for a month now. I haven't missed a workout and I am feeling great. I haven't been on a run since I started and my body fat percentage is dropping faster than running 3-6 times a week. The thing I am most happy about is my wife is lifting with me. She has missed some workouts but at least she doing something instead of nothing. I don't think I am going to miss running when the 100+ degree days hit here. I still plan on going for runs on the weekend but my weekends have just been way too busy.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:21 PM

I have made it as far as the grocery store - had the sudden desire to stock up massively on fresh fruits, veggies, and meats and start cooking. Every night before going to bed, I promise myself I'm going to get up and work out. Then the alarm goes off and my eyeballs scream "Fuck you!" and we go back to sleep. On the plus side, I haven't missed my meds/vitamins in three weeks, so there's that. Baby steps.

What's really sad right now is that I'm chaperoning my daughter's 5th grade trip to Gettysburg. I chaperoned this trip with my older daughter 2 years ago, so I know what's coming. I'm already dreading it because there's one really steep hill I'll have to walk. I huffed and puffed the last time through because I was a chain smoker. I'll be huffing and puffing this time because I'm an out of shape lard ass.

I don't want to be a lard ass anymore. But I also don't want to get out of bed in the morning. #firstworldproblems
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:12 PM

I lost 5 lbs since schools been out.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• DLN-000

• View blog

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:51 PM

I've avoided this topic cause ugh, fitness, I'm so out of shape.

But I've lost 60 pounds since February. Felt the need to brag...

This post has been edited by depricated: 19 May 2014 - 07:51 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:28 AM

i'm floating around the 185/190 mark. This winter was a rough one so i'm starting a new diet based on a Paleo style diet. Basically more protein more fats and replace the grain based carbs with veggie based carbs. I've got about 8 days under by belt which is appearing to be a little to large now. :) i'm sleeping like a champ and i'm experiencing some mental clarity that i haven't had in a while. i've also started up the morning walks and this week i'll be jumping back into the P90X. Congrats on the weight drop, depricated.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:10 PM

Latest steps:

A month or two ago, I lost my ecig in the parking lot of a random store. It was late on a Saturday. My ecig place was closed for the night. They are also closed on Sundays. I intended to stop in and buy a new one the following Monday on my lunch break. I completely forgot about it. I could have stopped after work, but I was running late getting out of the office and would be charged extra at daycare if I didn't get my ass moving. So I resolved to stop Tuesday over lunch and pick up a new set up. By the time Tuesday's lunch rolled around, I realized I had gone three entire days with no nicotine. And decided I didn't need a new one. That I would just quit the addiction entirely.

The downside of that: just like when I put down the real cigarettes, I started shoving food in my face to satisfy the oral fixation. So my ass got bigger... to the point that my busted can o' biscuits has to move up a pant size. Which, of course, leads to feeling shitty about myself which leads to eating to make myself feel better which leads to feeling shitty about myself which leads to eating more to make myself feel better... and the next thing you know, I'm Fat Bastard. If I don't manage to get things under control soon, I'll need a motorized dumpster to get back and forth to work.

Change #1: I've volunteered to stock the department candy dish. It's always been a rotating effort... someone brings in a bag of Hershey's Kisses or mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups or M&Ms or an assortment of fun size candy bars. The reason I've volunteered: so I can stock it with Dove brand chocolates. There's something in Dove chocolate that makes me break out in nasty, agonizingly itchy hives all over my body. And it's only Dove chocolate that causes this reaction. So I am now stocking the candy dish with the one variety of chocolate that I can't eat. Otherwise, I'll eat everything in the dish.

Change #2: Walking. My little one wants to slim down (for she is my little butterball), so she's been going for walks with me in the evening. My older one refuses to go. Apparently when you're 13, it's embarrassing to have a mother who can walk. It would be far more embarrassing if I were to go the way of Gilbert Grape. Maybe I should show her that movie... might get the point across. Or it might shatter her undying love of Leonardo DiCaprio as the swoon-worthy Jack from Titanic.

Change #3: Moving every spare penny to my name into my savings account so it's not available for easy access to dine out or order in. I actually have to stop and think about whether or not it's worth going through the hassle of a funds transfer to make a run to the local pizza place. Pro tip: it's not.

But I still feel like a slug. Seriously, I just feel like a disgusting land mass of fleshy nastiness. And I don't like it.

Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:21 AM

I just moved back home, and thus have lost access to all of my school's workout equipment. And I still have a long ways to go before I reach my ideal physique, so this frustrates me.

I'll probably invest in some dumbbells soon, but it won't ever replace the huge ass gym at college.

This post has been edited by The Effekt: 29 May 2014 - 11:27 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:29 AM

just go to planet fitness or some local equivalent.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:29 AM

Remember - there is always body weight resistance activities. Lord knows the "30 day workout" thread running around the facie-spaces and twatter accounts reminds enough folk of that. Pushups, crunches, burpies, planks, etc.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:24 PM

View Postsupersloth, on 29 May 2014 - 11:29 AM, said:

just go to planet fitness or some local equivalent.

Yeah that would also be an option

There's not a Planet Fitness around here but I'll look into some local gyms and there membership rates.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (5 Pages)
  • +