2 Replies - 593 Views - Last Post: 26 March 2014 - 08:46 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

New java programmer.

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:37 AM

Hello all! I'm new to the site and new to programming in general. With my intro into the forums I'd like to ask everyone a question in hopes to gain some awesome advice :)/>. Like I said I'm new to programming, I'm in my mid 20's, and am currently enrolled into an Intro to Java class. I'm finding some things pretty difficult to understand at the moment. For instance, methods took the longest time for me to grasp what was happening (even now I'm slightly confused) and am currently stuck on understanding classes and objects. Not sure if it's the book I'm learning from or if I'm just approaching how to learn the language wrong. So, my main question would be, with my starting so late will it be difficult to eventually fully understand what I'm doing. Did any of you begin programming a little later in the game? I'd love some feedback and can't wait to collaborate with you all! Thank you all.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: New java programmer.

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: New java programmer.

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:39 AM

Welcome!

So, my main question would be, with my starting so late will it be difficult to eventually fully understand what I'm doing.

A few things.. why would your age hamper your learning? It's not like folks are not perpetually picking up new languages through out their life.
Also - "mid 20's" is late in the game? O.o
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: New java programmer.

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:46 AM

Mid 20's may not be completely late in the game, but it feels like a late start, especially when having to compete against the younger generation. I point out the learning at this stage in my life cause I know the older you get the more difficult it may become to pick up new things. Not saying that older people can't learn, just a little more of a challenge.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1