0 Replies - 548 Views - Last Post: 26 March 2014 - 10:28 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

New guy starting with CS50 in AZ

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:28 AM

Hey everybody, I'm from the East Valley of Phoenix, AZ, and new to coding.

In 1998 I originally went to college for computer science, but after I was mistakenly put into the 2nd level class instead of the 1st level, I lost the motivation and changed majors. Funny thing was, everybody else in the class had a full semester of knowledge more than me, and I had to learn the previous semester's information in the first couple weeks to keep up, and I still ended up getting a c- in the class. Problem was because I had to learn it so fast, I learned what to do but not the why.

In the last 6 months I have taught myself HTML5, and a LITTLE CSS, and now am planning on going back to school in the fall for computer programming/computer science. I already have a bachelor's and an associate's, but they are not relevant so I will most likely have to complete a full program.

So now I'm back, taking EDX's Harvard CS50 class, and loving it. I also bought a C programming book I am reading to enhance my understanding of the subject. The class starts with C so that's what I'm focusing on for now, but will be picking up other styles as soon as I have a firm understanding of C.

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Page 1 of 1