6 Replies - 2903 Views - Last Post: 31 March 2014 - 05:09 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Looking to move away from Justhost...

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:32 PM

For about a year now i've been using Justhost... Because they're the only service I can afford outside of GoDaddy (who i abhor). Just host was decent for me when I started out, but as time has gone by there SQL databases have slowed and they're just having more and more downtime than I would care to have.

In the past, I've used HostMonster, who I am thinking of going back too--I liked pretty much everything about them, but I haven't used them in about 6 years ago. I also am not sure If i can afford them ATM (though I have no problem saving up to get them)....

But I'm wondering if you guys have any suggestions for hosting services

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Looking to move away from Justhost...

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Looking to move away from Justhost...

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:34 PM

What's your requirements?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:01 PM

I just need something that isn't down 90% of the time.

I'd prefer something thats running the latest version of PHP, but that's not a big requirement. Obviously unlimited storage (or close enough to it) and bandwith... other than that, as long as I can upload my files, and can have phpmyadmin. Then I'll be happy as a kitten in a yarn store.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:03 PM

No.. so really - what's the bandwidth and storage size requirements? Infinite is amusing, but rarely cheap.

What's the budget range?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:17 PM

Rarely cheap? It's 11 dollars on justhost. it's 20 bucks on hostgater. its 4.95/m on hostmonster (though you have to pay for an entire year up front). How is that "rarely cheap?".

My budget range is 200 dollars atm

EDIT: Besides, i'm more concerned with the uptime of the service. I've read Hostgator is down a lot, JustHost has been down pretty much 2 times a week for the past two months.

This post has been edited by Lieoften: 27 March 2014 - 08:21 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Major DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:57 AM

Depending on your full requirements, like what are all the languages your running, how many domains are you hosting, what your storage requirements are (are you < 10gb? an actual number, if you are into tb's you should be running your own server). I haven't had any major issues with 1and1 but I am looking for a rails host for the future.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:09 PM

View Postastonecipher, on 28 March 2014 - 06:57 AM, said:

Depending on your full requirements, like what are all the languages your running, how many domains are you hosting, what your storage requirements are (are you < 10gb? an actual number, if you are into tb's you should be running your own server). I haven't had any major issues with 1and1 but I am looking for a rails host for the future.

I despise the UI of 1&1. It's always very sluggish for me. I've had 2 web server accounts and 2 domains. Each UI has been terribly slow. I've used it while on different computers/networks so I'm convinced it's on their end. Each time I say "For $x, I'll suck it up" and each time I get annoyed. I ran a small community (~150) website that was was heavily dependent on PHP/SQL. I went with Total Choice Hosting and I've been very happy with them.

http://www.totalchoicehosting.com/
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1