2 Replies - 3123 Views - Last Post: 02 April 2014 - 09:57 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

How to deploy online cinema ticketing system

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:49 AM

If let's say a cinema company wants to install online cinema ticketing system which allows users to book movies tickets online, may I know that what will be the best installation strategy?

Before this online system, the customers have to go to the cinemas and buy the tickets at the counters.

During the installation process, how to make sure once a seat is booked online, the counters at the cinema branches will also shows that the seat is being booked?

Here's the options of installation strategy:

a. Direct Installation
- Changing over from the old system to a new one by turning off the old system when the new system is turned on.

b. Parallel Installation
- running the old information system and the new one at the same time until management decides the old system can be turned off.

c. Single-location installation
- trying out an information system at one site and using the experience to decide if and how the new system should be deployed throughout the organization/

d. Phased Installation
- changing from the okd information system to the new one incrementally, starting with one or a few functional components and then gradually extending the installation to cover the whole new system.

According to your opinions, which method is the best in according to the case above? Thank you!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How to deploy online cinema ticketing system

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How to deploy online cinema ticketing system

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:23 AM

Is there any reason to keep the old system around after the new system has been developed? If not, option A is the only logical option. Why waste effort keeping two different - and most likely incompatible - systems in operation when you don't need to do that?

With that said, I'm guessing there is a way to integrate the new system into the old system. To have the online booking engine update the database used for the old system as tickets are booked.

Of course, I know nothing about the systems we are talking about here, but unless you're using some until now unheard of database technology for the old system, I can't see a reason why this would be a complicated task, one way or another.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How to deploy online cinema ticketing system

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:57 AM

As far as initial testing and deployment goes, I would recommend doing all of those. Pick a couple locations to be the first ones, and do an incremental rollout with them running their systems in parallel. Once all of the issues are worked out then you can move it to every other location as a new system.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1