2 Replies - 1082 Views - Last Post: 18 June 2014 - 01:10 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Allow me to introduce myself

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:44 PM

Hello all!

I am a "programming writer" and have been writing code in many different languages since 1983 including BASIC, C, C++, Pascal, and even some 8086 Assembly Language. For the past decade or so, I have been working mostly in C# and VB .NET, but I have also learned Python, Ruby, and Java. Needless to say, my knowledge is broad but not always as deep as I would like it to be.

I am looking forward to sharing what I know and learning from others as well.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 1
  • +

Replies To: Allow me to introduce myself

#2 jon.kiparsky  Icon User is online

• Pancakes!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Allow me to introduce myself

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:01 PM

Welcome to DIC! I think we're all with you on that "not quite as deep as we'd like to be". Some friends of mine have cited a cute idea of "being T-shaped". The idea is you have one area where you're pretty deep - like the main stem of the T - and a lot of areas where you've got some working knowledge - like the crossbar of the T. Me, I'm a little more honest with myself and just admit that I'm a dilettante and proud of it. Anyway, I hope you find some good questions, or some good answers, or both.

You might want to keep your eyes on the "Corner Cubicle" forum - we get periodic questions about documentation and how it's done and best practices and stuff like that, which it looks like you'd be well positioned to help out with.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Allow me to introduce myself

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:10 PM

As you can see, I'm inconsistent. Been busy with classes for the past two months and haven't been around much. I think I can happily claim to be a dilettante as well because a lot of the programming I do, I do for fun.

Thanks for the tip about the "Corner Cubicle." I'll check it out!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1