14 Replies - 2643 Views - Last Post: 10 April 2014 - 05:24 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

How to programming with quick and faster ?

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:47 AM

Hello everyone,

I love programming with C# and .Net. But I have problem with how to faster doing a code. My friends said just copy the code even you not understand. When I heard that, I disagree because how I can write the code without understand the concept. Seriously , I'm feeling frustrated when after solve the problem with more than 6 hours, the code to solve the problem just change a little bit. I feeling waste my time. But this happen when I face a new concept for example create the Profiles in .Net and C#.

This is my weakness. Because of that , I have been fired even more the problems has been solved. The reason is the employer or manager can't accept I writing the code for a long time .

Until now, I am not give up with the programming. I love it, but the speed to write the code is seriously matter for me. Please help me or give some advice. I can't accept with just copy the code without understand, just modified a bit. For me, it is awkward.

I love code

from
tokei

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How to programming with quick and faster ?

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How to programming with quick and faster ?

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:57 AM

It sounds like you are having a problem with visualizing/understanding how a given problem's solution works. Be it seeing how a code path evolves, design patterns, or even anti-patterns. This should help you see the utility of a solution.

Is your issue code comprehension, problem identification, problem solving, or where exactly. Where do you spend the most time at?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Screw Trump (before he screws you)
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:20 PM

Start with small problems and solve lots of them.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:13 AM

View Postmodi123_1, on 03 April 2014 - 11:57 AM, said:

It sounds like you are having a problem with visualizing/understanding how a given problem's solution works. Be it seeing how a code path evolves, design patterns, or even anti-patterns. This should help you see the utility of a solution.

Is your issue code comprehension, problem identification, problem solving, or where exactly. Where do you spend the most time at?

Thanks for your advice.

I'm a new C# programmer. I'm frustrated with following other people code. Quite complicated to understand. I spend most time with how to solve the problem. Try , try and try many codes I got from stackoverflow, other blogs and so on...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#5 andrewsw  Icon User is online

• lashings of ginger beer
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:25 AM

View Posttokei, on 04 April 2014 - 09:13 AM, said:

I'm a new C# programmer. I'm frustrated with following other people code. Quite complicated to understand. I spend most time with how to solve the problem. Try , try and try many codes I got from stackoverflow, other blogs and so on...

This makes me ask.. have you studied the fundamentals of the language?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:07 AM

Speed is one of the important things you need for programming. If you know the concepts very nicely then the speed will automatically increase. Moreover do planning before writing code. planning is necessary in your life. Moreover divide your coding work. To much burden can make you slow, tensed. Revise concepts. Coding is a skill you need to get developed by practisr. Never copy as it will erase all the concepts you know. As i mentioned your speeed is slow. revise the concepts. take sometime to solve the problem and ultimately you will become fast. Best of luck.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:06 PM

View Postandrewsw, on 04 April 2014 - 03:25 AM, said:

View Posttokei, on 04 April 2014 - 09:13 AM, said:

This makes me ask.. have you studied the fundamentals of the language?

Yes, most basic C# language I know. But when I face a new situation, I make slower. Take too much time to solve the problem. For example create a 'bookmark' (user select any page that he want, so next time user just select the page he has been chosen) using Profiles.

View Postgopikrishnamenongk, on 04 April 2014 - 05:07 AM, said:

Speed is one of the important things you need for programming. If you know the concepts very nicely then the speed will automatically increase. Moreover do planning before writing code. planning is necessary in your life. Moreover divide your coding work. To much burden can make you slow, tensed. Revise concepts. Coding is a skill you need to get developed by practisr. Never copy as it will erase all the concepts you know. As i mentioned your speeed is slow. revise the concepts. take sometime to solve the problem and ultimately you will become fast. Best of luck.

Thank for your advice.. I will try to fast the programming skills. Most every day I do programming for 15 hours. Still slow.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:34 PM

Fifteen hours day? My goodness. What do you do in that time?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:34 AM

View Postjon.kiparsky, on 04 April 2014 - 07:34 PM, said:

Fifteen hours day? My goodness. What do you do in that time?

Find the solution. Writing the code in many ways to solve the problems. I should hard work because they need the issue has been solved as long as possible. Sometime I give up to find the solution and then let it be follow the old ways.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Dreaming Coder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:44 AM

View Posttokei, on 04 April 2014 - 07:06 PM, said:

Take too much time to solve the problem.

How is "too much time" defined? Compared to what? Projects pretty much always take longer than you expect. Estimating how long something "should" take and then finding out how long it "does" take can be frustrating; all you can do is learn from it. It takes as long as it takes.

But when I face a new situation, I make slower.

That's called learning! New situations WILL slow you down. Next time you encounter the situation, then it's not new, and you solve it faster. From this we can conclude that speed comes from minimizing new situations. The only way you can do that it is pay the price of them being new at least once. Think about it.

I often get asked questions for which I have a ready answer. The questioner might then become frustrated, say something like "I was struggling with this all morning and you just knew it!" I explain that I'd already experienced the problem they were having, had fought it for three days, and ultimately figured out it. After agonizing over something that long, you tend to get to know it very well. This is the nature of experience.
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:23 AM

View Postbaavgai, on 05 April 2014 - 05:44 PM, said:

Take too much time to solve the problem.

How is "too much time" defined? Compared to what? Projects pretty much always take longer than you expect. Estimating how long something "should" take and then finding out how long it "does" take can be frustrating; all you can do is learn from it. It takes as long as it takes.

But when I face a new situation, I make slower.

That's called learning! New situations WILL slow you down. Next time you encounter the situation, then it's not new, and you solve it faster. From this we can conclude that speed comes from minimizing new situations. The only way you can do that it is pay the price of them being new at least once. Think about it.

I often get asked questions for which I have a ready answer. The questioner might then become frustrated, say something like "I was struggling with this all morning and you just knew it!" I explain that I'd already experienced the problem they were having, had fought it for three days, and ultimately figured out it. After agonizing over something that long, you tend to get to know it very well. This is the nature of experience.

Thank you for your advice. I will try my best to "fighting" or take the challenge of C# programming. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:10 AM

The Dreyfus Model of skill rating is:
  • Novice
  • Advanced Beginners
  • Competent
  • Proficient
  • Expert

Based on your statements your coworkers are all Novice's. They are exhibiting the behaviors and attitudes of this level. You, on the other hand, appear to be trying to transition from Novice to Advanced Beginner. This is a good thing :) Keep working at it.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:29 PM

View PostMomerath, on 07 April 2014 - 02:10 AM, said:

The Dreyfus Model of skill rating is:
  • Novice
  • Advanced Beginners
  • Competent
  • Proficient
  • Expert

Based on your statements your coworkers are all Novice's. They are exhibiting the behaviors and attitudes of this level. You, on the other hand, appear to be trying to transition from Novice to Advanced Beginner. This is a good thing :)/> Keep working at it.

Thanks you. But I don't know how to use to evaluate myself skills. :(
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:28 PM

https://en.wikipedia...ill_acquisition
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Dreaming Coder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:24 AM

View Postjon.kiparsky, on 09 April 2014 - 11:28 PM, said:

That was interesting. I'm not sure how useful it is to the would be student, but perhaps helpful to someone doing an assessment of them.

I can particularly see decomposed recognition versus holistic recognition. I have programmers that can do work if the problem is broken down. I will sometimes get requests like "if you just tell them exactly what you need written, they can do it." I generally find such exercises more labor intensive than simply writing the code myself.

This post has been edited by baavgai: 10 April 2014 - 05:25 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1