7 Replies - 1741 Views - Last Post: 16 April 2014 - 03:06 PM

• Chinga la migra
  • member icon

• View blog

Any good heartbleed stories?

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:11 PM

Surprised nobody's brought this up - anyone get any good nightmares on Monday night? I happened to be on the work Skype when one of the developers sent around the link, and our sysadmin wasn't around, so I got to go hunting for OpenSSL versions. Turns out we were cool, but there was a certain amount of "oh, crap, is this gonna suck?"

Anyone get beat up by this one?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Any good heartbleed stories?

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Any good heartbleed stories?

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:29 PM

Wait - you mean this isn't a Game of Thrones viral marketing campaign gone awry?

Damn it.

Naw - no biggie with us except I want to kick our 'security guy' in the shins.

On a side note - I do enjoy these security awareness hurricanes where the issue has its own logo and cute name. That should happen more often.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Chinga la migra
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:34 PM

Seems to have been a good move - some of the people I talk to have heard about it, and the Times was discussing password changes on the front page. So that's a good thing
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Futurama: Insert funny joke here
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:35 PM

I installed chromebleed plugin to check every site i visit for this vulnerability. Does this forum use Open SSL?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:40 PM

You should be able to check with your plugin, right?!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Futurama: Insert funny joke here
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:42 PM

All i got is this notification.
Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Chinga la migra
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:46 PM

View PostMichael26, on 16 April 2014 - 04:42 PM, said:

All i got is this notification.

So I guess you'd probably want to be careful any time you see that you're coming over a TLS connection. Which I don't think I'm seeing a lot of, so I think you're probably heartbleed-safe. If you're really worried, don't enter any sensitive information, like credit card numbers and stuff.
Actually, if you ever are tempted to put in your credit card number on this site, you should probably worry.

This post has been edited by jon.kiparsky: 16 April 2014 - 02:46 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:06 PM

That being said...

... if you were not aware I recently picked up a supremely weathly client's estate (the client passed away), and currently the funds for this insane wealth are locked in the corrupt Nigerian banking system. Ultimately I would like to liberace these funds so I can crusade for humanity, but atlas the corrupt officials would rather sit on the account until it has lapsed long enough to plunder themselves. I am looking for a "foreign" dignitary (more the foreign and less the dignitary) to initiate the transaction - to they're account - for the funds. I will take care of the paperwork, but you're account needs to have a small amount in it to cover the transfer fees. When the bulk is shifted we can put it in a legimiate account and I will give you 13% off the top for your troubles. I certainly say that 13% off (rough) 789 million USD is a heavy sum to receive for helpnig liberate teh funds from the crooks in the banks and paying a nomial fee. All I would need would be a credit/debit card of good standing with at least 500 USD (more the better if the crooks decide to increase the rate.. I will compensate you for this after the funds transfer), name, address, SSN for the World Bank Group's paperwork, and phone number. I would do well to have a honest and reputable person ass ist in the once in a life time world altering event. Please respond quickly, and keep this in the udder most confidence. lullz
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1