2 Replies - 592 Views - Last Post: 12 April 2014 - 10:54 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Introduction

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:32 PM

I've been lurking these forums for a while and have finally decided to join.

I'm a CIS major and am two semesters away from obtaining my AAS in CIS. I will continue my education and obtain a Bachelors once I'm done with my associates.

Long story short, I started out college as a nursing major. I finished all my pre-requisites and co-requisites for the nursing program. I eventually decided nursing was not for me, as I did not see myself as a nurse.

Friends of mine encouraged me to join them and go for a Bachelors of Science and become a MD, NP, or PA; at first it seemed like the path to go, but after working in the medical field for a few years I've realized I am not up to working odd shifts and not being able to spend enough time with my family.

Now that the health field is in the need of CIS professionals, I've realized I can use my knowledge in the health field and technology field to obtain a career that will be flexible and will also allow me to enjoy both worlds. Hence why I am now going for a CIS major.

I do have to admit, I am new to coding. Before I took my first programming course, I was terrified of coding. For some odd reason, I thought it would be similar to something like physics. I've only been introduced to Visual Basic, but so far I'm enjoying every bit of it and I'm looking forward to learning C#.

And that's that, thanks much for reading my intro.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Introduction

• جوروترا

• View blog

Re: Introduction

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:42 PM

Welcome to DIC !

You have an interesting background in the medical field. Quite odd that someone with that kind of background would want to shift to some computer/technical field. I for sure, know that I pretty much sucked at biology and didn't really like anything related to it :P.

Well your right that the health/medical field is in much need for computer and information professionals. Computers are much needed nowadays in the field, one of the application that i'm quite interested is computational neuroscience where signals from the brain are analyzed to detect epilepsy symptoms etc.

Well, take advantage of the forums, ask questions and participate in discussions. Happy coding Josh !
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Tired.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Introduction

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:54 AM

Awesome! Welcome to DIC, and I switched recently from PHP over to C# and don't miss it at all, so I'm sure you'll love it as well.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1