Game of Thrones

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

64 Replies - 5987 Views - Last Post: 23 June 2014 - 01:41 AM

#16 depricated  Icon User is online

• RISC Architecture is going to change everything.

• View blog

Re: Game of Thrones

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:11 AM

Jon is the son of Lyanna and Rhaegar, that's for certain. It's all but written out explicitly. As for his significance, all I have to say is "for the Watch..."

For Aegon, remember "The Dragon has three heads" - Aegon, Daenarys, and Jon.

My predictions:

Arya will become Dany's personal Faceless Man. She's not being trained to kill someone specific, she's being trained to be a Girl.

Stannis will swear fealty to Dany when she arrives, returning Dragonstone to the Targaryens. They will then reunite the Seven Kingdoms under the Targaryen banner. She will marry Aegon.

Because remember Martin's other approach: it doesn't end happily ever after. The characters fans want to hook up probably won't, because reality is brutal and bitter and so is his fiction.

If Jon lives, Drogon will bond with him the way Ghost did. This requires some heavy book spoilers to explain though - so I won't go into detail why I predict this. The real hint is: think of Bran and Summer, Arya and Nymeria, and Jon and Ghost.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:13 AM

There are spoiler tags you know. I haven't read the 5th book, but everybody's already spoiled it for me so wutevs.

And Dany is my fav and I love her sections of the books.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#18 depricated  Icon User is online

• RISC Architecture is going to change everything.

• View blog

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:17 AM

I'm pretty sure the only thing I said from the 5th book was the quote "for the Watch"
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:57 PM

I'm not sure about Stannis swearing fealty. He seems more the type to demand justice, even at his own expense, and so I kind of predict that any Targaryen return to power will see him submitting himself to 'the kings justice'. In a weird way, I kind of think that would work out for him, because his house would be spared guilt (rather than the whole house banished if he resisted), so it will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Ill-informed Mongoloid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:58 AM

So far, I've thoroughly enjoyed the books, and thought the TV show was a brilliant adaptation. Obviously there will be little points where they don't really match up, but this is always the case of something adapted for TV.

My favourite characters are Tyrion, Arya, and Granny Tyrell.

The scene in series three where Granny Tyrell and Tywin Lannister are discussing marrying their two families together (Joffrey/Margarey and Cersei/Loras). That scene was superbly done.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:52 PM

I came across the series on-demand one afternoon and after watching the first two episodes i did the only thing that seemed right. I went to the store got food and beer and proceed to use the next two days of my weekend entrenched on my couch. it only took me 4 days total to watch the first 3 seasons. Aside from be rather awesome the beginning of the episodes with the mechanical cities is just awesome. If anyone wants to start a project reproducing those moving cities i'm in.

It might have been the truncated time frame but I was really getting tired of being told that "winter is coming". Just get back to Dany and her dragons already.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:56 PM

I'm finally caught up on the show. So many questions. I can't imagine who would want both A) Joffrey dead, and B) Tyrion blamed. It's looking like Littlefinger at least had to have been involved in the plot.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:07 PM

Moving cities? Like Zodanga?!

Spoiler

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:17 PM

Dude, it's obviously Olena (sp?) aka Queen of Thornes. The Tyrells are basically Lannisters without incest.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:10 PM

I thought so for a while too, but her daughter isn't the queen because he's dead. So it really hurt the Tyrells for him to die. I don't think they had anything to do with it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:54 PM

Lol you naive fool. Tyrells are Dornish, and they have different laws. And who do the Tyrells have in Highgarden? I hope you've been keeping track. Plus they're trying to marry Margary to Tommen.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:05 PM

Their laws don't have anything to do with whether or not Margary becomes queen. Had she waited until they boned before he was murdered, the laws that do matter would have made her queen regent. With dead Joffrey. If the Tyrells were going to kill Joffrey, that's how they would have done it. She wouldn't have passed up that opportunity to attempt at trying to marry Tommen.

The Tyrells do have a lockdown on King's Landing by marrying Cersei and 'sheltering' her daughter, but marrying off Margary to the KING was their trump card. They're not happy about Joffrey getting offed.

This post has been edited by Ntwiles: 01 May 2014 - 06:06 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:33 PM

Dude, it was Olena. Trust me. Why do you think they had a little heart to heart with Sansa before? They were gauging how Joffrey really was. They didn't want their prized Margary to be abused by that cunt so they offed him before the consummation so she could remarry Tommen, who is actually sweet. And since you're not getting my hint, I'll just tell you. In Dorne, the line of succession goes to the next oldest child, REGARDLESS OF GENDER. Marcella is older than Tommen.

The birthday/wedding (can't remember which) gift to Sansa of the jeweled hairnet (or necklace in the show) really were tears of Lys. When the Queen of Thorns "adjusted" the hairnet/necklace, she ripped off a jewel. That's why there was one missing if you paid enough attention. They inadvertently framed Tyrion on the fly, which was a bonus for them that Joffrey made that so convenient. Even in the show they showed Margary putting the cup in front of Olena.

This post has been edited by NeoTifa: 01 May 2014 - 07:37 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:41 PM

They were definitely gauging how Joffrey was, you're right. But not because they were afraid of Joffrey. It was so Margary could figure out the best way to manipulate him. ALIVE. Which she did, really well. She complains in the show about finally having figure out how to work with Joffrey before he died, and Olena promises her that Tommen will be easier to handle. She had Joffrey in the palm of her hands. She didn't need him dead. Not yet at least.

I didn't realize that bit about Dorne and succession, but I still don't see why it matters, since King's Landing isn't in Dorne. The laws there haven't changed.

If it was Olena who killed him Joffrey, it was a dumb move on her part. And she seems to me like one of the smartest people in the show. I just don't buy it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• LIKE A BOSS
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:44 PM

View PostNeoTifa, on 01 May 2014 - 08:54 PM, said:

Lol you naive fool. Tyrells are Dornish

What?
Was This Post Helpful? 0