Exploring low level hacking help

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 2751 Views - Last Post: 14 April 2014 - 02:05 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Exploring low level hacking help

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:00 PM

Okay, for those of you wondering right off the bat I just want to get this straight i have no intent on being a "black hat" type of hacker. I have only just begun my career and schooling in computer engineering and the topic of hacking has me most interested, and i believe my future in this field will be in building system securities and i want to understand hacking first. I want to begin experimenting with low level hacking and my roommate has willingly offered his laptop as my "target." I have really only looked into things I could do with CMD (i run on windows 8) and my question is:

I am currently on my colleges wifi network, through cmd and the command "netstat -n" I can lookup the Ip address for the computers on the network but how can i figure out which IP is my roommates without having to ask him to look it up. and when i find out how to do that, is there anyway i could hack in and see what he is doing on his computer from mine?

again i want to reiterate this is all just for fun and exploration. I am a novice in C# currently and im just exploring what the field of computer engineering/programming has to offer and my roommate is a willing participant here so there is not worry about offending anyone. please let me know and thanks in advance!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Exploring low level hacking help

#2 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Exploring low level hacking help

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:04 PM

Regardless of your intentions, we absolutely do not support this type of activity here. Please do not persist in asking for help on these topics.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Exploring low level hacking help

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:05 PM

There is no particular way for us to verify anything said in the post, and due to past issues I have to assume the negative. I will be closing the topic and ask you do not pursue further help trying to hack your "roommates" computer.

If you have follow up questions on 'why' feel free to shoot me a PM.

edit: ha - go scooped on that one.

This post has been edited by modi123_1: 14 April 2014 - 02:06 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1