5 Replies - 3244 Views - Last Post: 23 August 2014 - 01:10 PM

#1 CodeInstitution  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 5
  • Joined: 18-April 14

CodeInstitution | A New Way To Learn Programmin

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:25 PM

Hey,

Over the past few weeks I've been working on a site: http://codeinstitution.net I was wondering if you could give opinions on it.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: CodeInstitution | A New Way To Learn Programmin

#2 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

  • Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon




Reputation: 10781
  • View blog
  • Posts: 40,153
  • Joined: 27-December 08

Re: CodeInstitution | A New Way To Learn Programmin

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:27 PM

Moving to Site Check.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 Xaos  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Regular

Reputation: 72
  • View blog
  • Posts: 363
  • Joined: 20-November 13

Re: CodeInstitution | A New Way To Learn Programmin

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:04 PM

Looks really good and I'll be a user, hopefully a contributor at one point, but I think it needs to be more streamlined. IE, after I complete a lesson, I shouldn't have to go back 3 pages to find the next one in that track. Also, I'm sure you know this and it's a product of a new site, but more/lengthier tracks are required. One lesson shouldn't be printing one line for example. Instead, try something like "Print CodeInstitution vertically" where they would have to use Println to obviously print ^. Just an example (and kind of a bad one) but it shows the point.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 CodeInstitution  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 5
  • Joined: 18-April 14

Re: CodeInstitution | A New Way To Learn Programmin

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:46 AM

View PostXaos, on 20 April 2014 - 04:04 PM, said:

Looks really good and I'll be a user, hopefully a contributor at one point, but I think it needs to be more streamlined. IE, after I complete a lesson, I shouldn't have to go back 3 pages to find the next one in that track. Also, I'm sure you know this and it's a product of a new site, but more/lengthier tracks are required. One lesson shouldn't be printing one line for example. Instead, try something like "Print CodeInstitution vertically" where they would have to use Println to obviously print ^. Just an example (and kind of a bad one) but it shows the point.


Thanks for the reply. I'll implement something to make it more easier. As for more tracks and lessons, I'm looking for people to help contribute.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#5 Grandclosing  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 1
  • View blog
  • Posts: 3
  • Joined: 12-December 12

Re: CodeInstitution | A New Way To Learn Programmin

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:33 PM

View PostCodeInstitution, on 25 April 2014 - 10:46 AM, said:

View PostXaos, on 20 April 2014 - 04:04 PM, said:

Looks really good and I'll be a user, hopefully a contributor at one point, but I think it needs to be more streamlined. IE, after I complete a lesson, I shouldn't have to go back 3 pages to find the next one in that track. Also, I'm sure you know this and it's a product of a new site, but more/lengthier tracks are required. One lesson shouldn't be printing one line for example. Instead, try something like "Print CodeInstitution vertically" where they would have to use Println to obviously print ^. Just an example (and kind of a bad one) but it shows the point.


Thanks for the reply. I'll implement something to make it more easier. As for more tracks and lessons, I'm looking for people to help contribute.


Hey there, the site looks really nice overall, you've implemented some things I have yet to learn; I'm interested in contributing to your site some day, if I can find time.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 CodeInstitution  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 5
  • Joined: 18-April 14

Re: CodeInstitution | A New Way To Learn Programmin

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:10 PM

View PostGrandclosing, on 25 May 2014 - 04:33 PM, said:

View PostCodeInstitution, on 25 April 2014 - 10:46 AM, said:

View PostXaos, on 20 April 2014 - 04:04 PM, said:

Looks really good and I'll be a user, hopefully a contributor at one point, but I think it needs to be more streamlined. IE, after I complete a lesson, I shouldn't have to go back 3 pages to find the next one in that track. Also, I'm sure you know this and it's a product of a new site, but more/lengthier tracks are required. One lesson shouldn't be printing one line for example. Instead, try something like "Print CodeInstitution vertically" where they would have to use Println to obviously print ^. Just an example (and kind of a bad one) but it shows the point.


Thanks for the reply. I'll implement something to make it more easier. As for more tracks and lessons, I'm looking for people to help contribute.


Hey there, the site looks really nice overall, you've implemented some things I have yet to learn; I'm interested in contributing to your site some day, if I can find time.


If you do, that'd be great.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1