• (2 Pages)
  • +

20 Replies - 3300 Views - Last Post: 25 April 2014 - 06:33 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Looking for an experienced developer.

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:34 PM

Forum members

I'm looking for an experienced software developer or programmer. Seeking help in developing a software for POS terminals. So experience or know how on that is very helpful. Anyone interested in developing this please message or email me asap. 10% equity in a currency solutions company will be given as payment. Huge tech opportunity for everyone out there thats interested.

Look forward to hearing from you all.

Cryptec

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Looking for an experienced developer.

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Looking for an experienced developer.

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:35 PM

Moved to Post a Job.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:38 PM

Is there a desired language, platform, time frame, or other details?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:43 PM

If I could have your email or a direct message link. I can tell you everything you need to know. Unfortunately I don't know much about this skill. So I cant be too specific, but id love to tell you everything you need to know.

View Postmodi123_1, on 23 April 2014 - 01:38 PM, said:

Is there a desired language, platform, time frame, or other details?

Could I get your email please? thanks for the reply.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:45 PM

I guess you can use the PM system here, but these are basic questions that most folks would need to know in deciding if they want to do this work or not. I am not sure why you would withhold that.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 Curtis Rutland  Icon User is online

• (╯□)╯︵ (~ .o.)~
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:59 PM

I would suggest at least putting the language/framework that you will have people work with. Most programmers aren't fluent in more than a few languages. Sounds like you're looking for someone who already has experience, not someone you want to wait on to "spin up", so you're much better off publicly posting the language. A lot of people won't even bother responding if they don't know what they're getting themselves into.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:01 PM

It would probably be a good idea to post the number of hours per week you expect the person to work, relocation requirements, etc. I get not wanting to share your trade secrets, but being open about logistics is just a fair thing to do.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:11 PM

What im seeking is a developer or programmer that can create a software that will allow consumers to purchase any goods or services as they normally would from retailers, but with the ability to use any recognized governments currency. Now you asked questions like what languages and other details I would like. To be honest im not really sure which each one does something different than the other. I would leave that up to your discretion, based on your experience.

The general details of what were looking for is a software that can be downloaded into a POS terminal(either manually-or maybe something that seeks out the program already in use by the terminal,and automatically downloads to that if possible). It needs to allow the cashier the option to select and choose different currencies for the payment method. It needs to be kept up to date on all currency conversion ratios( in real time-or as real as it can get). Needs to automatically tell the amount of change that needs to be given back.

I'm sorry I wasn't clear on the details, but I would look for this to be done within 10 months and relocation is not necessary.(Yet)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• .. does not guess solutions
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:34 PM

So you're looking for somebody to design the software for your company with no payment, in return for a 10% stake in a system that they built 100%?

Basically.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:52 PM

View PostRudiVisser, on 23 April 2014 - 02:34 PM, said:

So you're looking for somebody to design the software for your company with no payment, in return for a 10% stake in a system that they built 100%?

Basically.

Actually, no. When read right, you'll see I offered 10% stake in the whole company, as in all future products, technologies, systems...etc Not just the system in general.Because we cant create it ourselves, were looking for someone that can create it and is willing to do so, and would also like to partner for the future. We've begun talking to (McDonalds and Costco)both love the concept, and are looking forward to the end product. In less than a week, we own all IP rights to this concept. So we think its quite fair for 10%. I was just asking around to see if anybody would be interested. You don't need to take it as actual solicitation if it doesn't fit your bill.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:28 PM

As a retailer, I would be really leery of letting any Joe Random program be running on my POS machines, specially if the program is known to actively be downloading data from the Internet in near real time.

And maybe I'm not smart enough and therefore won't qualify for the job, but I can't wrap my brain around the computing the change part of your product requirement/description. Let's say I go to a Canadian McDonald's and pay in Australian dollars -- how will the McDonalds franchisee give me back Australian bills and coins in change? Will every one of your clients be stocking bills and coins of every known currency?
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:05 PM

View PostSkydiver, on 23 April 2014 - 08:28 PM, said:

As a retailer, I would be really leery of letting any Joe Random program be running on my POS machines, specially if the program is known to actively be downloading data from the Internet in near real time.

And maybe I'm not smart enough and therefore won't qualify for the job, but I can't wrap my brain around the computing the change part of your product requirement/description. Let's say I go to a Canadian McDonald's and pay in Australian dollars -- how will the McDonalds franchisee give me back Australian bills and coins in change? Will every one of your clients be stocking bills and coins of every known currency?

I'd guess you'd stock it in one currency, so in this case it'd be he Canadian currency. But then someone has to go and exchange that foreign currency for local currency.

Also, you're asking someone to make your company's cornerstone software, and then offering 10% of the company. Why can't someone just build a POS with a currency convertor and profit off of that? Unless you're coming with a company that already has roots, the best bet for you would be to offer a large chunk and create a partnership with a developer so long as you have actual marketing, PR, etc. skills or just pay the dev. Preferably, pay the dev.

Also, why do you think this hasn't been created yet? With tourism and restaurants funding almost 100% of the economy of places like Cancun, Mexico, don't you think this would already have been created if feasible? And don't give me the "that's how every innovation works" line, because that is 100% not the case here.

I don't mean to attack you or the idea, just make sure you know what you're getting into rather than "I got an idea.......oh crap I don't know programming.......i'll just offer someone equity" and then flop and screw both you and the programmer.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Major DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:48 PM

I don't see how you would own any intelectual property on a POS system, even if you can select the currency conversion.

How many tills is the register running?

Is a NDA a requirement? What other products have you produced?

Are you offering this system as an add-on to existing systems using other companies hardware, like Symantec, or using your own?

What do your servers support or is it a stand alone system per company?

What else does it need to support?
Is an inventory interface needed?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:07 AM

What hardware do you expect it to run on? What OS? What kind of display do you expect (pictures of products, etc.). How many products do you expect it to handle? Will it need a barcode scanner interface? What kind of security will it need? 10 months is not a lot of time for a single developer to do this, and still make money to feed/house themselves.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Toubabo Koomi
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:26 AM

View PostCryptecSolutions, on 23 April 2014 - 05:11 PM, said:

but with the ability to use any recognized governments currency.

PayPal's API/IPN handles currency with a simple variable. An html 'select' statement later & bam, done & done. Plug this into any already working open source system.

** Edit **
Added quote so my rambling makes sense :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +