Programmer Work Woes

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 1107 Views - Last Post: 29 April 2014 - 03:21 PM

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Programmer Work Woes

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:18 PM

The header pretty much sums it up. I'm a federal employee and am developer at work. Recently I was made Tech Lead for two projects. That's a lot to take on. I can handle the tech side but the managerial side is difficult. I have a new Division Tech Lead that has been cramming things down my throat. To make matters worse I'm the only official developer on the whole team. There are guys who write up documentation and do book keeping for me but I have to do all the coding. I'm fine with that but between being required to go to a bunch of meetings and dealing with a very bossy tech director I've found myself drained at the end of the day. I sent my supervisor an email today and said that my tech director is muddying up the waters and is making life very difficult for me in terms of actually getting anything effective done. That and he is constantly changing his requirements on me. So what's your advice? Have you been in my shoes? I told my supervisor today that I had reached my limit. She's a nice woman and I know she'll sympathize with me but I'm not sure this will make a difference long term. May be time to look for another job.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Programmer Work Woes

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Programmer Work Woes

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:18 PM

Sorry posted this in the wrong forum! Moving to Caffeine Lounge! I can't move this. If your an admin please delete the posting. I'll just copy it over.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Programmer Work Woes

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:21 PM

I already moved your other thread to the Cube and then saw this one too. I'll close this one.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1