2 Replies - 1673 Views - Last Post: 30 May 2014 - 04:19 AM

• New D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Questions About a Developer's Portfolio/Resume Website

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:07 AM

Hello all!

I'm putting together a website for myself. By the end of the year, I'm hoping to have built it from scratch and filled it with tons of my projects. I'm working through the Ruby on Rails track on TeamTreeHouse.com and learning alot.

I'm thinking about doing various fun things with HTML/CSS/JS on codepen.io, or another playground and embedding them on my portfolio site. Then, linking to GitHub for other code examples.

I guess that's a good way to start, right?

Also, I was curious about website names. I was thinking about EboniDoesCode.com or something fun and laidback. My last name is Wigginton and people usually misspell both of my names. So, I figure something easier would be better. What do you guys think about that?

Thanks alot!!

Eboni

This post has been edited by Realedazed: 08 May 2014 - 06:08 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Questions About a Developer's Portfolio/Resume Website

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Questions About a Developer's Portfolio/Resume Website

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:15 AM

I'm thinking about doing various fun things with HTML/CSS/JS on codepen.io, or another playground and embedding them on my portfolio site. Then, linking to GitHub for other code examples.

I guess that's a good way to start, right?

You run the risk of making your site into some horribly disjointed, color-jarring, and hot mess if you decide to throw a little of everything in there.. have one coherent vision/style, and just don't make it some dumping ground stew for things to implement.

Also, I was curious about website names. I was thinking about EboniDoesCode.com or something fun and laidback. My last name is Wigginton and people usually misspell both of my names. So, I figure something easier would be better. What do you guys think about that?

What ever works best for you and your vision.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Questions About a Developer's Portfolio/Resume Website

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:19 AM

Just make stuff and have fun :) It will figure itself out.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1