2 Replies - 1070 Views - Last Post: 21 May 2014 - 05:22 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Help with project interface

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:56 AM

NOTE- I am not asking anyone to do this project for me. I just don't know how to organize the user interface or what to include. I can do the coding by myself. Here is the project directions:
You have to create a passenger manifest for an airline. They need a list of all passengers’ names and what they are having for their in-flight meal. It should provide a profit/loss indication that states whether or not the company is making money. The three categories of seats are: 4-First Class (4x the cost of Economy Seat), 8- Business Class (2x the cost of Economy seat), and 24-Economy Class (base price). At the beginning of the program, the user has to choose one of four destinations. Tampa is $130, Las Vegas is $199, Seattle is $209, and New York is $129. The corporation's cost to fly to a destination is equal to the cost of 1/2 the amount of Economy Seats for a given flight. For example, to fly to Tampa would cost the airlines (24 X 130)/2 or $1560.00. The meal selections are C=chicken, B=beef, F=fish, and V=vegetarian. A manifest should be accessible at anytime during the use of the program. The manifest should show which seats are occupied, the name of the passenger, and their meal choice. A display of number of current seats and sale amount for each category should be part of the user interface. A display of the total seats sold and the total sale amount for the entire flight should be part of the user interface. Seats should be graphically displayed on the interface and should: if empty should be green and if occupied yellow, seats should have seat number on them, and "seat size" should be represented graphically, if a reservation is cancelled the seat should change back to green (and all other adjustments to manifest and profit should occur- hint: make seats checkboxes that have the button style versus checks)

I just do not know the best way to design the user interface. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! I have attached a screenshot of what I have so far.Attached Image

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Help with project interface

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Help with project interface

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:18 AM

Well.. you could always beef it up a bit.

Example:

Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Your Friendly Local Curmudgeon
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Help with project interface

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:22 PM

First break the interface down into parts. How many parts (forms, reports, whatever) are there? Modi has given you a rough mockup of the part identified in your last sentence. What are the others? Describe them. Once you have those, you're on your way. Take all the requirements and assign them to the part where they belong. As for the screen you have, it isn't consistent with your description of what a manifest is. What it is is the beginnings of a form to add an item to the manifest. Not the same thing.

Take a stab at it, and post back with your results.

This post has been edited by BobRodes: 21 May 2014 - 05:25 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1