2 Replies - 290 Views - Last Post: 07 June 2014 - 07:29 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

my solution for projecteuler problem 17

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:37 AM

This is problem 17 question

If the numbers 1 to 5 are written out in words: one, two, three, four, five, then there are 3 + 3 + 5 + 4 + 4 = 19 letters used in total.

If all the numbers from 1 to 1000 (one thousand) inclusive were written out in words, how many letters would be used?

my solution is working fine

as am beginner to the programming, i wrote code as much as i know java, help me to find error and bugs in this program and how can i improve myself. how to write this program in efficient way.

Thank you in advance........

solution
public class problem17
Code removed per Euler Project policy

This post has been edited by jon.kiparsky: 05 June 2014 - 10:44 AM
Reason for edit:: Removed solution for Project Euler problem

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: my solution for projecteuler problem 17

• Pancakes!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: my solution for projecteuler problem 17

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:51 AM

While I think it's fine to discuss problems of this sort in general terms, the people at Project Euler have asked that you not share solutions to these problems publicly, and you agreed to these terms when you signed up with the site.

Therefore, I've removed the code for your solution. Since you say your code passes the grader, you should be able to discuss the problem in their discussion forums, or at the alternative site:

Is there anywhere else we can discuss and meet other members?
Indeed there is! There is an alternative phpBB forum which has been set up to allow members to engage in general discussions, share ideas relating to problem solving and programming, make suggestions about the website, and ask for clarification on the wording of a particular problem. The link is given below, but please be aware that your account at this website has not been automatically transferred to the alternative forum and you will need to set up a separate account.

Forum Web Address: http://forum.projecteuler.net

Also please note that your posts will be visible to all members and you are requested to be thoughtful in not posting anything that might explicitly give away how to solve a particular problem.

If you're interested in working on your programming skills, perhaps you could find problems from non-restricted problem sets to discuss. For example, this challenge is interesting to work on, and it might give you some enjoyment. Or this one, or this one...

This post has been edited by jon.kiparsky: 05 June 2014 - 10:52 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: my solution for projecteuler problem 17

Posted 07 June 2014 - 07:29 AM

hmmm thank you, i forgot about the terms and conditions. Anyway i can understand
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1