1 Replies - 1018 Views - Last Post: 10 June 2014 - 05:36 AM Rate Topic: -----

#1 optix212  Icon User is online

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Help with VBA for Excel...

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:07 AM

Usually I would be able to do something as simple as this in C# with no problems at all... In fact, I really wish MS would implement an option for using C# in excel.. I would literally pay money for that...

But anyways, I have an Excel workbook that has 4 different rows that I am trying to separate. They are labeled Address 1, Address 2, and Address 3 and Address 4.. Address 2 is reserved for Attention To names. The problem is that when I exported the list, if there wasn't an Attention To name filled out, then it put the contents of Address 3 into Address 2, and the contents of Address 4 went to Address 3. When I import this into the program I am trying to import to, this will cause mapping problems...

There are well over 15,000 records so I was hoping not to do all of this by hand lol..

We DO know the criteria for what we want... Pretty much, in pseudo-code, it would go like this:

For Each Cell myCell in the Y column
IF myCells value is equal to null, then return. //We are done with our loop.
IF W2 Starts With 0 or 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 or 9, then copy the contents of X2 to Y2. Now copy the contents of W2 to X2. //Doesn't matter if W cell is left blank. We don't NEED an Attention To name.

Any ideas? I swear, I am a really good programmer... In C#... This is something I need to do for work, and it needs to be done as soon as possible.. So, I don't have the time to study up on VBA.. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Help with VBA for Excel...

#2 optix212  Icon User is online

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Help with VBA for Excel...

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:36 AM

Bump... I really need this for work. I went home and studied VBA a bit last night, but was still unsuccessful at finding the correct functions to use to do exactly what I want...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1