• (2 Pages)
  • +

19 Replies - 2427 Views - Last Post: 13 August 2014 - 12:54 PM

#1 alapee  Icon User is online

• Stressed Out Programmer

• View blog

Tobacco Connoisseurs

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:27 AM

So I recently put down cigarettes (yes, I know I had quit)and started smoking a pipe. I found that it was a lot cheaper and that it had more flavor. I started doing research some research on it and found I know very little. Are there any other Pipe Tobacco Smokers around? I have few questions.

My Setup currently is :
Basket Corncob Pipe
Prince Albert Light Vanilla Tobacco

I maintain my pipe with Qtips (right money is a little short for pipe cleaners) about every 2 pipe fulls.

What else should I be looking at for cleaning? What is a good decent Tobacco that is fairly cheap?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Tobacco Connoisseurs

#2 depricated  Icon User is online

• DLN-000

• View blog

Re: Tobacco Connoisseurs

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:35 AM

I use a hookah, but not a pipe
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 alapee  Icon User is online

• View blog

Posted 19 June 2014 - 11:07 AM

A hookah is really not that portable, lol
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 depricated  Icon User is online

• DLN-000

• View blog

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:16 PM

it definitely is not - I have it set up in the basement where we jam. I'll pack it and light a coal and it'll be good for a while. Smells great too.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Ill-informed Mongoloid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:17 AM

Dep, he's talking about tobacco here, not the green stuff.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 depricated  Icon User is online

• DLN-000

• View blog

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:55 AM

So am I! All of my tobacco products are for tobacco use only...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I'm a cheeseburger
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:44 AM

I wouldn't smoke doobage out of a hookah personally. Hookah is a more slow smoldering smoking method. You have a coal that is not burning, but instead is just glowing hot, and you usually have some conductive material between the tobacco and the coal. The tobacco used is also usually covered in molasses or something similar to add flavor and retard the burning process.

Bort... you may be mistaking a hookah for a 'tobacco water pipe'... otherwise known as a 'bong'.

Though yes, you can smoke said herbage from a hookah. I honestly wouldn't. If you want a slow smoldering method that doesn't waste your product, well, get a vape or something. (not actually sure what the rules on the forum are, if I broke rules speaking about this... please edit it out. I'm operating under the assumption with multiple states now legalizing the stuff to various degrees, it could be spoken about).

As for OP.

Really, as pipe tobacco goes, it's a matter of taste. There are so many different flavors out there, and it depends on what route you wanna go.

Do you like your stuff fruity?
Do you like just a classic tobacco taste?
Do you like more enhanced, smokey, aged flavors?

Check out a tobacconist shop, there'll be walls of the stuff covering all sorts of tastes. And usually the people working there are well versed on that matter. I don't know where you live, or how far you'll have to travel. But every town I've ever lived in had a tobacconist within walking distance of my home. Maybe I just like living near them... not sure.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#8 depricated  Icon User is online

• DLN-000

• View blog

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:49 AM

View Postlordofduct, on 23 June 2014 - 12:44 PM, said:

I wouldn't smoke doobage out of a hookah personally. Hookah is a more slow smoldering smoking method. You have a coal that is not burning, but instead is just glowing hot, and you usually have some conductive material between the tobacco and the coal. The tobacco used is also usually covered in molasses or something similar to add flavor and retard the burning process.

pretty much this

I use apple flavored tobacco, it's the tits
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#9 alapee  Icon User is online

• View blog

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:03 PM

View Postlordofduct, on 23 June 2014 - 01:44 PM, said:

Bort... you may be mistaking a hookah for a 'tobacco water pipe'... otherwise known as a 'bong'.

Though yes, you can smoke said herbage from a hookah. I honestly wouldn't. If you want a slow smoldering method that doesn't waste your product, well, get a vape or something. (not actually sure what the rules on the forum are, if I broke rules speaking about this... please edit it out. I'm operating under the assumption with multiple states now legalizing the stuff to various degrees, it could be spoken about).

As for OP.

Really, as pipe tobacco goes, it's a matter of taste. There are so many different flavors out there, and it depends on what route you wanna go.

Do you like your stuff fruity?
Do you like just a classic tobacco taste?
Do you like more enhanced, smokey, aged flavors?

Check out a tobacconist shop, there'll be walls of the stuff covering all sorts of tastes. And usually the people working there are well versed on that matter. I don't know where you live, or how far you'll have to travel. But every town I've ever lived in had a tobacconist within walking distance of my home. Maybe I just like living near them... not sure.

Nearest Tobacco Shop, doesn't really have a great selection (the Drug Store has more).
I have done more research on line, I am thinking maybe a honey/vanilla/whiskey combo or something that has a very good smell to it as wells something that is semi sweet to the taste but has a bold flavor to it.
I need to find a place that offers Virginian Tobacco in different flavors. Right now I am fighting with the Gambler Brand (it drys out way to easy). I have been using it to replace cigarettes and have found myself smoking less often (comparably 1 pipe is about 1 cig, I used to smoke a pack a day( 20 cigs) now I am down to about 5 pipes +/- 2 pending stress level)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#10 alapee  Icon User is online

• View blog

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:58 AM

I picked up a new pipe, 4oz of Apple Pipe Tobacco, and a Cleaning Set for $11 today.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:03 AM

gross.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#12 alapee  Icon User is online

• View blog

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:09 AM

Then don't smoke supersloth.

The apple was ok, I am going to head by the drug store at lunch and see if I can't find another pipe. The one I purchased has metal "basket" for the tobacco and a filter that never needs replaced; but the tobacco doesn't stay lit. It could be a user error
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#13 alapee  Icon User is online

• View blog

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:47 AM

Well, I have decided to go back to Vaping. I think it is time I work on out of the tobacco habit all together. Though I did finally find a nice vanilla blend.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:31 AM

I used to smoke a UK brand of pipe tobacco, it had a secret ingredient almost like licorice, might have been ambergris or something..

Couldn't find a pipe at the time so I'd mix it with regular tobacco. It was in a yellow package, I don't remember the name but it was really hearty and dark brown, I would cut it with scissors and then dry it out.

I can't seem to find that brand anymore or one like it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#15 alapee  Icon User is online

• View blog

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:13 PM

Deepglue=> you might check with the Pipe Smokers Forum they might be able to help you find it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +