5 Replies - 1694 Views - Last Post: 26 June 2014 - 05:35 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

In need a professional programmers help for english 2100

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:54 AM

Good Afternoon. I'm looking for a bit of assistance with my technical writing class projects. I'll include the exact requirements for the assignment at the end of this post. My major is computer engineering so my writing should have focus on its applications in that field and as I personally don't know any programmers, I've come here looking for aid.

I'm specifically looking for writing you use at your office when programming to use as guidelines for section one. Section two has a list of interview questions that I would need to ask you that focus on what your day to day job is like, the jargon of the office, and the general culture of a programmers office that I will email to you. Finally, for section three, for you to write an email that basically reviews what I have written for my professor to use as a basis for grading.

It's quite a bit to ask but you're assistance would be immensely appreciated.

1. Produce a 3-5 page example of writing that might be used by your chosen profession. If you study engineers, for instance, you could write an engineering report. If you study lawyers, you could prepare a legal brief. If you study computer programmers, you could write user instructions for installing software. Any research used should be cited in the standard of the profession. If possible, include samples of writing from your chosen community to assist the instructor in understanding your task and grading you fairly.

2. You must also write a 1-3 page self-analysis business-style letter or memo to the instructor explaining in detail the organizational culture of your profession, what your sample of writing is, who your target audience is, what format, design and style you followed and how your writing was influenced by the cultural values of the profession. Finally, explain whether you feel your writing would succeed with its audience, and why. The self-analysis document is your opportunity to demonstrate what you've learned about the organizational culture of your profession, so be sure to make the most of it.

3. To evaluate your work, you must obtain written feedback from one or more actual members of the profession you studied. The feedback can be an e-mail, letter, or memo to the instructor explaining whether the person feels your writing would succeed with its audience, and why.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: In need a professional programmers help for english 2100

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: In need a professional programmers help for english 2100

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:14 AM

Sorry.

This post has been edited by Xaos: 23 June 2014 - 11:27 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:20 AM

Xaos- this isn't someone in an intro to Java class asking us to do his homework. Please let the moderators handle posts that violate the rules.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:27 AM

1. Produce a 3-5 page example of writing that might be used by your chosen profession.

For programming? System design documents, system requirement specs, testing documents, etc. You can bing those and find plenty of examples.

2.. detail the organizational culture of your profession,

This would seem to be fairly dependent on the company, right? A small start up vs Microsoft vs Google are all going to be different in their own ways. Let alone region, company, and industry.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:03 PM

View Postmodi123_1, on 23 June 2014 - 11:27 AM, said:

1. Produce a 3-5 page example of writing that might be used by your chosen profession.

For programming? System design documents, system requirement specs, testing documents, etc. You can bing those and find plenty of examples.

True, but I was hoping to incorporate this section of the project with the interview by citing examples of documents that a programmer at so and so company utilizes to do their job on a daily basis. If I couldn't find anyone to interview just googling it was my last resort.

2.. detail the organizational culture of your profession,

This would seem to be fairly dependent on the company, right? A small start up vs Microsoft vs Google are all going to be different in their own ways. Let alone region, company, and industry.
[/quote]

My understanding of the project is that the culture of the company or office environment of whomever I interview would be sufficient to answer the interview questions and allow me to write the essay.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:35 PM

Maybe I should rephrase what I am asking for to complete this assignment.

I am basically looking for a professional programmer to interview about their specific place of work for my English 2100 Technical writing class. The questions I have are focused on things like "What are the rules and regulations?" and "What sort of pranks and jokes circulate around the office?" Nothing to far outlandish.

The overall projects purpose is "To learn about the organizational culture of your future job, and how that culture will affect both the genres and styles of writing you will use for your career. This assignment will introduce you to analytical reports, an important genre of technical writing.

Feel free to message me with any questions and Thank you for your time.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1