6 Replies - 1307 Views - Last Post: 06 July 2014 - 06:52 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Runes of Magic Private Server looking for programmers

Posted 05 July 2014 - 05:45 PM

Runes of Magic Private Server - Arcadia PVE

1. Introduction

Runes of Magic is a MMORPG game created by Runewaker Entertainment TW. Released in 2009 and developed troughout the years.

Nowadays the game experience chapter 5 and still building up new contents. The game is based on standard MMPRPG games, you

can create your own character, customize it to your own taste and gameplay. The characters are splitted in classes, choose

your desired class which you gladly to play with. In the world of Taborea full of mysteries and adventures, you start with

quests which lead you to your adventure. Each questline has its own story line. Receiving strength modifications is

possible by quest rewards or mob kill rewards. Gear parts are customize able. This game offers you a lot of opportunities,

adventures and game time experience. From gathering to master apprentices.

2. The concept

We started this concept with a small team. We are still in development phase and we are still looking for members to join

our organisation. We want to make this possible and offer players the best game experience in the world of Runes of Magic.

One important thing about this: this organisation has especially the motivation of giving the best service, active GM's and

best of Runes of Magic.

For more details you can see this part of our website: http://arcadiarom.co.vu/disclaimer/

3. What are we looking for

We're looking for developers and programmers for a new project, probably the best Runes of Magic private server on internet

as there is just one apart from the official.

As it isn't enough with us, in order to strenghten our team and this project, we need experienced C++, LUA, PHP & SQL

programmers.

4. About money earning

About payment, that's going to be hard part right now because there is no fund to spend it out. When the server is running

fully*, the payments will be realistic** to be done. Right now it's all based on working for a non profit organisation

which have big chance of income when the planning has been done.

* : with fully we mean that we actually got chapter 4 and we need to make a lot of changes and work to make it chapter 5

ready, open all zones and functions.

** : with realistic payment we mean that the money you earn will depend on the workload you perform and your motivation,

basically.

Clear example of this:

1. You are asked to do one zone, and you do it, good. But after that the only thing you do is complaining about you are

tired and you have no time for that. Then you will be told: don't ask for money now when you really f**ked youself with

that behaviour.

2. You are asked to do one zone, you finish it and you even work more to improve things or openning more zones (even when

you weren't asked to do it). Then you will be payed like a LA hooker.

5. Contact

To contact or join us you just have to enter in our website and fill in the form: http://arcadiarom.co.vu/

Or you may want to write us by email: stark.arcadiarom@gmail.com

6. To finish

Thank you all who read this post and who finally liven to join us. We hope to get well. I swear you will not regret!

Arcadia RoM Private Server Staff.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Runes of Magic Private Server looking for programmers

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Runes of Magic Private Server looking for programmers

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:09 PM

Moved to Post a Job.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pancakes!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:33 PM

To to translate your "offer": "we'll let you work for us for free, in exchange for a promise to maybe pay you later, at our discretion and at a time of our choosing"

The only question I have is this: why on earth would you hire anyone stupid enough to take you up on this? You're talking about a level of stupid not usually found in nature. My advice to you is, if you have a product that you think can be developed into a product worth selling, and a reasonable plan by which this product can be made profitable in the near term, then you should pursue venture capital or other sorts of investors, or pull out your credit cards, and get this thing done.

To anyone considering this as a possible course to pursue: venture capitalists are, by their nature, experts in spotting potential profit and utterly besotted optimists. If there is an enterprise with even a splinter of hope of profitability, it will find VC funding - particularly in a market where no other investments are really moving. Therefore, the fact that these guys can't pay anything tells you that they are unable to convince the greediest, most optimistic people in the world that there's any money here. That should be enough to tell you that you'd be an absolute fool to talk to them.
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:35 AM

Good day jon.kiparsky,

First at all, I appriciate your reply and thank you gladly for this.
Unfortunately I can not accept your negative repsonse while you actually understood or read our post wrong. In this case we also recommend you to change your attitude to a professional way of understanding and reply posts to your clients and members. Since you are a moderator you are obligated to follow our recommendations.
Ofcourse we do not force you to follow this. Further I advice you to buy new glasses since you did not or did not even bothered to read our post careflully while it was all detailed noted we are an not profit organisation. Please buy new glasses or burry yourself in pig feces.

Yours sincerely,

The arguing customer.
Was This Post Helpful? -7
  • +
  • -

• Toubabo Koomi
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:45 AM

With respect to your project, we get 'promise of payment' a lot. Any developer with the skillset your project requires is already making money, & likely will not be interested in promised payment at a later date.

If even one of the hundreds (yes, hundreds) of the next mmorpg games that get pitched here actually were completed, Blizzard would be all up on these forums. But none of them have even made it to a demo phase. What you will get are hopefulls that wish to learn on the fly, & you'll constantly be restarting your project.

Just like money gets servers going, it also gets experienced coders going.

Again, no disrespect to you, & I wish you the best, but your method of employment is a proven failure of recruitment here on Dream In Code. Maybe it works on other development sites, but I can say for certain not here.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Toubabo Koomi
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:51 AM

View PostAhead, on 06 July 2014 - 09:35 AM, said:

Further I advice you to buy new glasses since you did not or did not even bothered to read our post careflully while it was all detailed noted we are an not profit organisation. Please buy new glasses or burry yourself in pig feces.

& on that note, best of luck looking for free help elsewhere. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Sincerely,
Under-appreciated staff
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• Fire giant boob nipple gun!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:52 AM

we also recommend you to change your attitude to a professional way

It is absurd that you talk about a 'professional attitude' and then descend to offensive and childish language.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1