2 Replies - 329 Views - Last Post: 14 July 2014 - 03:09 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Game Development Colleges in California.

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:41 PM

Hello,
I have a year left in high school and have been looking at colleges in California.
I want to go for game development and later on business school. I Want to start up my own company within the 10 years of finishing school. The colleges I have looked into was Cogswell and Full sail university. I haven't done much research on these 2 schools, but what I have searched for came up with negative comments. I found 1-2 for each college saying they weren't good and were for profit and some say that FSU "Full sail university" was an okay school, but it didn't teach you what you wanted to know or needed. I am interested in Cogswell but if you have any input or other colleges in mind in California.. Much is appreciated.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Game Development Colleges in California.

• Major DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Game Development Colleges in California.

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:37 PM

Why specifically game programming? Take a programming degree from a recognized university and then apply what you learn to what you want to do. If you take short cuts it will come back around and you will have less knowledge than you think.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Game Development Colleges in California.

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:09 PM

View Postastonecipher, on 13 July 2014 - 07:37 PM, said:

Why specifically game programming? Take a programming degree from a recognized university and then apply what you learn to what you want to do. If you take short cuts it will come back around and you will have less knowledge than you think.

That is a good point, Thanks.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1