3 Replies - 1396 Views - Last Post: 12 July 2014 - 10:49 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

ET phone host

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:05 AM

Hi, I'm not exactly new to the world of websites but I have a family member who needs one done. She's pretty computer challenged and I'd like the experience so I offered to help. My issue is I've never had a website go live. I've made about 3 or 4 just to get the hang of CSS and HTML. But they never left me, so I need a host.

Her business is a service she provides, there won't be any transaction handled on her site. She'd like to be able to blog on her site and have about three other pages of information, a email list capable would be great too (I know you can use third party for that but as much combined in one place the better).

I need to know which hosting service to use. From what I found hostgator people like and it seems good to me but I just don't know enough to know for sure. (For those interested I was thinking the hatchling plan.) Yes? No? Probably under 10 a month would be good for her.

In addition when registering a domain is it a good idea to get that info protector thing to hide your info?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: ET phone host

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: ET phone host

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:30 AM

. She'd like to be able to blog on her site and have about three other pages of information,

So something like wordpress or drupal?

I need to know which hosting service to use.

Hostgator, a small orange, etc. Find something that has the right specs and price for you with a good amount of uptime. Read reviews and see how it goes. There's no "one best".

Yes? No? Probably under 10 a month would be good for her.

Seems reasonable.

In addition when registering a domain is it a good idea to get that info protector thing to hide your info?

Yes.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:33 AM

I host Wordpress for about half of what GoDaddy does. Just say'n.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:49 AM

Sorry, I know there is no one best. I try to avoid using that. Just what would be people's recommendation based on what we'd need. I really just need a direction to go in for a few to compare. I'll look into a small orange.

Yeah, something like WordPress I think. I've never used it so I'm just going off of what I've heard.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1