4 Replies - 6970 Views - Last Post: 11 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Online Interactive Jewelry Design Program

Posted 10 October 2007 - 11:43 AM

Hi Everyone,

I want to build a website where people can go to build semi-custom jewelry.

I'll have some stock jewelry styles that they can choose and the color samples that they can choose from.

I've been reading about image swapping, but this falls short of my website goals.

I would like people to be able to choose a style of, say a necklace for example, and then choose one to five colors to customize the different stones on the necklace. This could be accomplished through multiple drop-down boxes that refer to each strand or through a drag and drop mechanism or anything else that makes sense. (Virtual Model is an example of similar functionality)

I would like to be able for people to do this all online, but if that's not possible, I'm also ok with pushing out a download of somesort (like Photoshop Bookmaker).

Any advice would be appreciated in terms of what languages would accomplish this, how to go about it.

Thanks
Jill

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Online Interactive Jewelry Design Program

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Online Interactive Jewelry Design Program

Posted 06 January 2008 - 10:10 AM

Hi..I'm interested...Did you figured out how to do this yet?...Let me know ....Daniela :D

This post has been edited by NewDaniela: 06 January 2008 - 10:13 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Segmentation fault
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 January 2008 - 11:27 AM

You could use PHP with some stock images, and then use GD to draw on them maybe.

You could also probably do the same with a Java or Flash applet, though that's a little less convenient for your users.

Do you know any programming languages?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 July 2008 - 10:01 PM

Although this post has become a bit old now. But i was thinking of making a similar application in Flash. It is completely possible to make this in flash but it could be very tricky. However if anyone is interested in getting an application like this made then they can contact me at ** email removed **
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

Hello I had the same idea a year ago and I built it. I used .net platform (vb.net classes for animation). Please let me know what you think: http://www.qolier.com/board.aspx

View Postjgelenter, on 10 October 2007 - 11:43 AM, said:

Hi Everyone,

I want to build a website where people can go to build semi-custom jewelry.

I'll have some stock jewelry styles that they can choose and the color samples that they can choose from.

I've been reading about image swapping, but this falls short of my website goals.

I would like people to be able to choose a style of, say a necklace for example, and then choose one to five colors to customize the different stones on the necklace. This could be accomplished through multiple drop-down boxes that refer to each strand or through a drag and drop mechanism or anything else that makes sense. (Virtual Model is an example of similar functionality)

I would like to be able for people to do this all online, but if that's not possible, I'm also ok with pushing out a download of somesort (like Photoshop Bookmaker).

Any advice would be appreciated in terms of what languages would accomplish this, how to go about it.

Thanks
Jill

Hello,
I had the same idea a year ago and I built it. I used .net platform (vb.net classes for animation). Please let me know what you think: http://www.qolier.com/board.aspx
Was This Post Helpful? 0
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1