6 Replies - 2994 Views - Last Post: 16 July 2014 - 08:41 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

My application triggers the virus: (

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:17 PM

My application triggers the virus: (
I created an application and used the InstallCreator to generate an installer for my application. The InstalCreator that generates a. EXE program and this triggers the antivirus every time the user tries to download the installation set-up, why it happens? What should I do for this not to happen? The InstallCreator is very useful for me, it allows you to configure all the software for the desktop shortcuts and more, and I need my program to be installed because before installing the user has to agree to the terms of the license, is created an entry in the control panel to uninstall, it's very cool is not it? but it is giving me problems. If you know any other way to solve, I'll be very grateful.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: My application triggers the virus: (

• Too busy for this
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: My application triggers the virus: (

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:35 PM

What antivirus software? If all of them, they would sense a pattern that could mean virus.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:11 PM

View Postastonecipher, on 15 July 2014 - 06:35 PM, said:

What antivirus software? If all of them, they would sense a pattern that could mean virus.

Is avast bro.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Games, Graphs, and Auctions
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:29 PM

What exactly is your program supposed to do? I would be interested in seeing some code as well. Otherwise, we can't rule out the possibility that the antivirus software is doing its job.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Professor Snuggly Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:34 PM

View Postmacosxnerd101, on 15 July 2014 - 10:29 PM, said:

What exactly is your program supposed to do?

It's a keylogger that hooks the Windows API, in order to remove itself from the Task Manager process list.

I have to agree with macosxnerd101, it's doing something to cause Avast to take notice, so one must wonder why.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Chinga la migra
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:41 PM

I have only limited knowledge of this domain, but from my understanding the main techniques of anti-virus software are not very prone to false positives. Signature-based detection depends on looking for a recognizable pattern found in a known-bad program. This is similar to hashing in the sense that you've got a possibility of collisions, but it seems to me very unlikely that your exe creator is going to come up with a file that has a signature like a known virus. Another technique is to look at the code and look for suspicious operations - does this code look like it's trying to access dangerous areas? Again, it seems unlikely that an innocent program is going to trigger this sort of alarm. A third technique that I'm aware of is to actually execute a suspect program in a sandbox environment to see what it tries to do - again, you're looking for suspicious actions, which an innocent program, particularly an innnocent java program, is unlikely to attempt.

I would very much like to see the code in question before proceeding with this. It's entirely possible that I'm wrong on this, but something smells a little here, and I'd like to get some light on what exactly we're trying to do.

View Postno2pencil, on 15 July 2014 - 09:34 PM, said:

It's a keylogger that hooks the Windows API, in order to remove itself from the Task Manager process list.

Yeah, that would definitely set off alarm bells, and rightly so. When a program tries to hide the fact that it's running, I'd think that would be a sign of shenanigans, don't you?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Games, Graphs, and Auctions
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:41 PM

It's been over 24 hours and the OP hasn't followed up. Due to that, plus the fact that this topic falls into a grey area, I'm closing this thread.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1