1 Replies - 164 Views - Last Post: 17 July 2014 - 10:24 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Gradable Div and Text Boxes Save to MYSQL

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:50 AM

Hey guys!
First off I want to say thank you for help in advanced!!

Here is what i go.
I am a web developer i know PHP very well but im week in jquerry and Javascript which leaves my development / design lacking....So im trying to expand. For starters I want to build or start building a drag and drop element to my sites.

When the admin is in the back end there site and editing say the about us page. I would like to make it where the user could drag from the toolbar (on the left hand side of there screen) a icon representing a text field inside a area (div or something where i have allowed them to be able to drop it.) and when they drop it there it turns into a text box that they can now start typing in.

Here is the questions i have to start out.

1. I assume that i will have to record the X and Y continents of the text box with in the div to mysql db?
2. Would i use the jquerry drag or drop plugin or is there a better way?
3. Is it possible to make this text box re-sizable?

Would you guys be kind enough to help me out please?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Gradable Div and Text Boxes Save to MYSQL

#2 andrewsw  Icon User is online

• It's just been revoked!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Gradable Div and Text Boxes Save to MYSQL

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:24 AM

Yes, you could use jQuery if you prefer to do this over a (vanilla) Javascript solution. There is also jQuery Resizable.

1. I assume that i will have to record the X and Y continents (sic) of the text box with in the div to mysql db?

Why would you need to store these co-ordinates in the database? Perhaps because the elements will be shown at these positions when the user revisits the page?

BTW I was confused by your title of "gradable". This should be "draggable", perhaps a mod will edit this for you ;)

This post has been edited by andrewsw: 17 July 2014 - 10:25 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1