6 Replies - 338 Views - Last Post: 22 July 2014 - 10:13 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Help on this on "style" or "layout"

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:24 AM

Hello guys. I've been trying to do this style of layout: http://www.dgmbc.com...ntroduction.jsp but I haven't been successful. Here's my output so far: http://kimminho25.do....kr/?page_id=10

I like the layout so I've been practicing how to do it. I'm using wordpress on my site so I just picked a random theme with some similarity to the original one and I've been just modifying some part of the theme to make it look similar with the original one.

The wordpress theme that I used is: Elegant by WPEX

I attached my current CSS file. If you need other files, just tell me and I will upload it.

I can't see the edit button so I'm just gonna post again...

About my question.. I'm not sure what I need to do next that's why I'm asking for help. I don't which file to modify or I'm not sure if I won't be able to do that because I'm using a "theme" which I did not make so it really doesn't match the one on the other site. I don't know if I need to add a sidebar or a table or what.

PS: for the modifications that I made on the CSS file, forgive me for the errors on some. I don't know how to use CSS until today. I just saw the patterns when I was viewing the code and then suddenly I kinda "grasp" how to make some changes.

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  style.css (69.22K)
    Number of downloads: 15

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Help on this on "style" or "layout"

#2 andrewsw  Icon User is online

• It's just been revoked!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Help on this on "style" or "layout"

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:42 AM

Your div with id of "content" has a width of 640px, which is not enough to contain the large image (EXHIBITIONS hall). If you increase it to 1000px then the image will move up to the right of the ABOUT US box.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:45 AM

Wow. Thanks a lot sir! So stupid of me to miss that one. Haha. I made some changes on that section but I forgot to do it on that part. Do you have any clue on how can I add the "line" that separates the menu and content? That one I really don't have an idea.

This post has been edited by Dormilich: 22 July 2014 - 01:15 AM
Reason for edit:: removed previous quote

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 andrewsw  Icon User is online

• It's just been revoked!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:55 AM

You need to create a border-left on the div with class "introduction".
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:24 PM

Worked like a charm sir. Thanks a lot! :)/>

This post has been edited by Dormilich: 22 July 2014 - 01:16 AM
Reason for edit:: removed previous quote

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:14 AM

Here's my dilemma now. My site looks a little "similar" to the original one. But the way it's built is totally different.

If you check my site, I was able to copy the menu and even the "left side" menu when you go to "About Us" or the other sections. The problem is, for me to able to make that appear, I put it in the code of every webpage. But I know that's totally wrong. Even the border that @andrewsw suggested is just an "imitation" but not the actual thing. I don't know how they made the "left side" menu. Maybe by a script? Because mine is totally just pure HTML on every webpage. But with the original site, the left side menu is always there. It's coded in a different way. The only thing changing every time is the content. I'm really curious how to do it. If someone can help me, it would be a huge thing for me. Thank you!

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:13 PM

In my previous topic here: http://www.dreaminco...tyle-or-layout/

I asked how to do the content layout of this site: http://www.dgmbc.com...ntroduction.jsp

And I was able to do it after someone helped me.

Here's my dilemma now. My site looks a little "similar" to the original one. But the way it's built is totally different.

If you check my site, I was able to copy the menu and even the "left side" menu when you go to "About Us" or the other sections. The problem is, for me to able to make that appear, I put it in the code of every webpage. But I know that's totally wrong. Even the border that @andrewsw suggested is just an "imitation" but not the actual thing. I don't know how they made the "left side" menu. Maybe it's a script?
Because mine is totally just pure HTML on every webpage.

Here's what I did to make that left side menu appear:

<div class="snb">
	<p>ABOUT US</p>	
                        <ul class="Nav">
				<li><a href="" class="on">Introduction</a></li>
				<li><a href="" class="">History</a></li>
				<li><a href="http://kimminho25.dothome.co.kr/?page_id=63" class="">Exhibition Space</a></li>
				<li><a href="http://kimminho25.dothome.co.kr/?page_id=68" class="">Map</a></li>
			</ul>
</div>

But with the original site, the left side menu is always there. I'm sure it's coded in a different way. The only thing changing every time is the content area. The only idea that I can think of is that the menu is a frame and the content area is another frame but that's too basic html and the one on the website looks pretty neat so I know it's not just frames. I'm really curious how to do it.

Also, another thing is I want to make my site mobile friendly. With this one, I still don't have any idea how to do it. I don't know how can I make it "mobile friendly". Here's a comparison of the two side-by-side: Posted Image

Another thing is.. If you check the "Board" section of my site, you'll see a message board there. My problem is, I can't make it put beside the menu. It's always above. I tried already but it doesn't work. That board is a plugin called KBoard so I'm not sure what should I really edit to get what I want.

If someone can help me, it would be a huge thing for me. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. Thank you!

Here's a summary of my site:

How did I build my site: Wordpress
Theme: Elegant by WPEX
What I edited: style.css of the theme to make the design kinda match with the original one

I don't know why the image is not working but if you right click it and select view, you can see it properly. Or just here:
http://imgbox.com/QnKjHPbx

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1