Is the US president afraid of ISIS terror group?

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

117 Replies - 5006 Views - Last Post: 25 July 2014 - 10:39 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Is the US president afraid of ISIS terror group?

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:27 PM

This does seem to be getting pretty horrific day by day. Now they make videos and post it on youtube insulting and humiliating the US president who is supposed to be the most powerful man in the world but when it comes to this new terror group the Mr President is very afraid. I don't get it you have the entire US military at your disposal why run and hide in a corner?

US military is bigger and more powerful than that of Russia. So why be coward and afraid? people around the world are so terrified of this bullying terror group they are afraid to speak out against them.

the UK telegraph has a video on them they are the richest terror group in the world and are unstoppable now. I wish something was done about this sooner, America needs a new president me thinks

https://www.youtube....h?v=smWzTw6NHA0

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Is the US president afraid of ISIS terror group?

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Is the US president afraid of ISIS terror group?

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:12 PM

To play devil's advocate, what happens if the president gets us into another war? People were damn pissed at Bush when he kept us in Iraq and Afghanistan at the cusp of his second term. Obama pulled out the troops (as promised). Not surprisingly, things broke down some. The other question is- is it really our place to exert military force in places like Syria?

And let's say Obama uses military force. He can authorize military force without a declaration of war from Congress for only 90 days, I think. So what then? Suppose the next president continues the war. Okay, so we pull out and there is an inevitable power vacuum whenever this happens. Some group will form from the remnants of the old. Now suppose our next president pulls out of the war Obama started. Let's have fun dealing with the nations of the world then.

I don't get it you have the entire US military at your disposal why run and hide in a corner?
America needs a new president me thinks

One doesn't understand politics, me thinks. This isn't so cut and dry.

Note: I am not expressing my personal views in support or in opposition of Obama here.
Was This Post Helpful? 4
  • +
  • -

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:22 PM

Attached Image
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:27 PM

^ This crap started because of that useless Iraq war with Bush in the first place I was totally against that nonsense. Sure Saddam was brutal but nowhere near as brutal as ISIS. These people are on the level of the 1940's German military.

These people needed to sort out their own problems on their own account, banking on Evolution you will see all nations no matter how bad sooner or later evolves and gets modernized. The Bush administration messed that up for everyone.

Obama pulls out and leaves people to be fed to the lions something even worse than what Bush did if you ask me.

Ok America cant fund these wars, and people are against it, what do you do about ISIS?

They need to bring out heavy air strikes, carpet bomb these areas where ISIS are operating. Use nuclear and other long range ballistic missiles if necessary. Whatever the cost, these terrorist bullies need to be stopped. They are now saying they will do genital mutilation to females from the age of 11 to 41. Lots of young girls ranging from 7 years and up are being raped and sold into slavery by this group and we cannot stand by and allow that.

How will we feel if our niece, daughter or close loved ones at ages of 7 years and up are raped and sold into slavery? Its better to have nuclear than that. What kind of life would it be? if was me I rather be nuked if that is what it took to get rid of these sub human terrorists.

These people are so rich and powerful now they are wiping out government military now like its a video game with hacks. Whatever Obama does he needs to do it now and make it count but he does not have the belly to do so he is coward and loves political correctness. Mean while these people are brutally tortured and he does nothing.

This post has been edited by john5220: 24 July 2014 - 07:31 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:39 PM

I am not fan of warmongering conservatives but right now we need a military general who is not afraid to be a real president.

They need to send back the US military into these places like Iraq etc and other western governments need to help.

Time for Canada to join the good fight, Germany what are they even doing with their military they should have never downsized it just because of Hitler.

Russia also needs to help they are the second most powerful military in the world. They aren't doing anything besides trying to reclaim Ukraine and rebuild the soviet empire. It would seem to me Putin could care less aswell anyways, but surely he has a heart deep down inside and can see that he needs to do something.

Sorry for rant but this shit is very serious. We are talking billions of dollars these people have at their disposal and they are getting countless people to join their groups would we wait for them to have nuclear weapons and then do something? really? At this rate they could easily afford nuclear artillery from Russia. That is if Putin is really willing to sell them that which I doubt but you never know.

This post has been edited by john5220: 24 July 2014 - 07:39 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:39 PM

And what about Afghanistan? What about Syria? And why is America the one responsible for cleaning up these terrorists?

These people needed to sort out their own problems on their own account, banking on Evolution you will see all nations no matter how bad sooner or later evolves and gets modernized. The Bush administration messed that up for everyone.

You are aware the Middle East developed Algebra, right? The Middle East was once a cultural and economic hub. Their golden age ended in excess of a couple hundred years ago.

Obama pulls out and leaves people to be fed to the lions something even worse than what Bush did if you ask me.

Here is what you are missing. This would have happened at any point when we pulled out regardless of whom was president. Even if we overthrow ISIS, another group will arise to take its place and fill in the power vacuum.

Ok America cant fund these wars, and people are against it, what do you do about ISIS?
How will we feel if our niece, daughter or close loved ones at ages of 7 years and up are raped and sold into slavery?

Why don't you ask the governments of the middle east still in tact? It's their nieces, daughters, loved ones, etc.

This crap started because of that useless Iraq war with Bush in the first place I was totally against that nonsense.

You can't argue on the handling of a situation based on what you would or would not have done. It's here now.

Use nuclear and other long range ballistic missiles if necessary.

Yes, because we have such a wonderful reputation for drone strikes. Have you bothered to read up on drone strikes killing kids? So let's take it a step further. Let's use the nuclear option to affect countless generations to come (you know, nuclear radiation and all that fun jazz).

You really sound like an anti-Obama Tea Partier more concerned with gung-ho actions, soundbites, and blaming the president instead of coming up with well thought out solutions. Note again that I am not stating my political affiliation one way or the other here.

We are talking billions of dollars these people have at their disposal

I want to see sources about how the Middle East is paying us. This statement is a joke. If anything, how much money was being spent on the wars in the middle east by us to begin with?

Whatever Obama does he needs to do it now and make it count but he does not have the belly to do so he is coward and loves political correctness.

Again- which branch of government has the power to declare war? Hint- it's not the president.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:54 PM

I can't argue with you since clearly you are correct on all points except one I would disagree.

I am no Anti Obama, but I dislike his cowardly approach he does not intimidate anyone, the terrorists thinks he is a joke. The Russians respected Ronald Reagan to quite an extent, if we still had people like Reagan around the likes of ISIS may not be around. With Obama it just sends this message yeah we can do what we want and this guy will sit around and do nothing.

The fact that he bowed to the Saudis who are one of the most brutal regimes in the world shows not only his weakness but his disrespect to all the oppressed under the nasty Saudi regime.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:58 PM

I think Obama's foreign policy could use some work too. But suppose we had an intimidating president. Unless the terrorists think we're going to attack, then it won't matter (remember the Star Wars maneuver). So suppose they think we'll attack. Eventually they will call our bluff. So suppose they don't think we will attack. Because clearly economic sanctions will hinder them.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Cheese and Sprinkles
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:59 PM

POPULAR

The U.S.A can not police the entire world. It would go broke and fall to the wolves.

This post has been edited by laytonsdad: 24 July 2014 - 08:00 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 8
  • +
  • -

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:05 PM

POPULAR

It's a shame we don't have some conglomerate of nations responsible for ensuring such tragedies don't occur. What if these nations were united? Surely they could be an effective policing force!
Was This Post Helpful? 7
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:05 PM

POPULAR

I honestly know enough to look at this and keep on walking, but as a vet I have to say two things and move on...

The military is not and has not been aloud to fight an actual war under actual combat rules since ww2.

The US is NOT the world's military, nor the world's police. Our military is supposed to be used to protect its' citizens. However, in the rules of politically correct bullshit, we are now contributing the majority of funding, resources, and troops to EVERY conflict, even ones that other nations should be handling on their own.e

And now I am out....
Was This Post Helpful? 5
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:07 PM

I watched a BBC documentary once on how Vladimir Putin fought terrorist in Chechnya. It was not pretty, was a massive rocket assault the same exact one used in World War 2 against the Germans that they called Stalin's organs.

I can't be sure how many innocent ones were killed, but lets just say the terrorist group known as the Islamic International Brigade is now history.

And no Jehad terror group ever again messed with Russia.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:15 PM

Let me interject a question here - you are advocating the US mimic the James Bond-esque villain Putin? That Putin is the role model to work towards? Might makes right and all of that? Hang out in relative isolation.. lash out when one of your regions wants to do something different.. and what? That's it? That's your swift and awesome plan?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:46 PM

Not exactly but what I am saying is clearly our law abiding and liberal solutions are 100% worthless when dealing with murdering barbarian Islamist.

Putin solution worked when he had no other choice in the matter and exhausted all other options atleast he didn't stand by and allow the terrorists to win even though it made him the most unpopular man after that.

In the end it worked is all I am trying to say.

No terrorist ever again tried to mess with him, these are undeniable facts.

Do you think ISIS could ever in a million years invade Russia like they are doing in the Middle East?
No way in hell, they would be nuked long before they reached the Russian border.

I don't agree with many of Putin's methods but they are without a doubt undeniably effective to its fullest. He seems to be a man who can make hard decisions quite easily. Leave it up to us here in the west and we would still be fighting for rights of things like Feminist and all that nonsense.

This post has been edited by john5220: 24 July 2014 - 08:48 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:52 PM

BTW there is one thing I tend to admire putin for and its a hard thing for me to let go and seems to for some reason force me to turn a blind eye to many of the things he does. Could it be this is all propaganda?

Possibly but his intentions were always like this from the start.

This video demonstrates what I am talking about

https://www.youtube....h?v=flC---s2moA

What do you think our president would have done here in the west? I can assure you they would have done the opposite of what Putin did there because for them to do what he did would be "undemocratic" but where is the democratic justice when these same companies made billions all for one man off the hard work of poorly paid workers? The man has my respects for this reason. And this is not an attitude he developed overnight, the Russians were always like this it was the whole idea behind the logo of the Soviet Union.

Just look at how much white color crime there are in the west. We love to think our system is just that great but its not. I am however not saying communism is better just pointing out how badly flawed our capitalist system is that we try to pretend is so perfect.

Far as I see Putin has done far more for the Russians than any recent American president has done for their people in recent times. Just look at the immigration problem in America, what did anyone even do about it to this day?

This post has been edited by john5220: 24 July 2014 - 09:00 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »