Is the US president afraid of ISIS terror group?

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

117 Replies - 5009 Views - Last Post: 25 July 2014 - 10:39 AM

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Is the US president afraid of ISIS terror group?

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:48 AM

View Postjohn5220, on 25 July 2014 - 07:39 AM, said:

^ WOW is that for real? Bill O Riley seems like an insane maniac.

& that's the thing. He is an insane asshole. The purpose of his program is to cause a situation, not to report news. Bill O'Riley constantly interrupts & insults his guests.

There are two types of people. Those that watch Fox News religiously, & those that can't stand it. & those that I know that watch it, almost always seem to have it on 2 tv's at once. So what's that say for the news? It's certainly biased. Fox news needs to make money, so they cause controversy, & report one sided to draw in a mass audience.

It's all about money, & never about the news. This entire topic is an example of the news circus. You get people repeating what they heard, because & only because they heard it. They know nothing of the facts & take the news outlet at face value. They stir up hatred & negativity over nothing, that honestly isn't our business.

You want to nuke another country because you saw it on tv. Get a fucking clue.

View Postastonecipher, on 25 July 2014 - 07:41 AM, said:

America is supposed to be the world's only super power left and bears the responsibility of promoting justice and freeing others from tyranny.

Also, Russia is attacked by "terrorists" still, so are most non third world countries. The word terrorist and terrorism is a relatively new terminology. One countries terrorist is another's "rebels" or "freedom fighters". You slap terrorism on it and now it means something different than it did when it happened 50 years ago.

& where do these 'rebels' & 'freedom fighters' get their weapons?

Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:51 AM

^ I think you do have a point there, meddling sometimes does create even bigger problems. And one of the biggest problems in the middle east is religion on the whole, pure superstition. And does not seem like any amount of money America throws at their problems would help since it does make them more anti American.

But ISIS is a very serious problem these people aren't a bat sh!t crazy government that hangs people for adultery. They are 1000 times worse they are operating like Nazi Germany invading a Jewish Land.

Surely the world's only super power will not stand by or turn a blind eye?

I am also sure if Obama asks for help from Germany and others to go in there they can get it and, they can fix this. America with the help of France, Germany, Australia, India, Russia and China can make ISIS history and send a clear message if anyone else tries that their fate will become the same.

A combined western military and 3 Eastern, China, Russia and India can clear out these people from the middle east without killing innocent people via nukes.

This post has been edited by john5220: 25 July 2014 - 04:57 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:01 AM

View Postno2pencil, on 25 July 2014 - 07:48 AM, said:

& where do these 'rebels' & 'freedom fighters' get their weapons?

Posted Image

Oh, come on our gooberment would never do that! :whistling:

The fact that every grassroots parent terror group started as rebels, that were funded, trained, and supplied by the US and then turned around and used those same weapons and tactics against us should teach the hand not to feed them anymore, but that is not how it works, for politicians.

And yes I do know this is fact as I know some that did the training and I was part of doing so for sometime.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:11 AM

Could ISIS be getting their weapons anywhere else?

It is said they now have a budget of 2 Billion US dollars at their disposal. Who would sell them these weapons? I know America funded some of these people thinking they would overthrow the Syrian regime and things would be fine and dandy afterwards. But now that the US has learned its lesson and surely won't be financing anyother rebels it means ISIS will have to get its weapons elsewhere.

I do not believe America or Russia would be supplying them from this point on, it would be the equivalent of supplying Hitler's Germany back in WW2.

If ISIS is just capturing US equipment which they show videos they are doing, they are now rolling around in American fighting JEEP and Tanks but surely all this will come to an end? their ammo will deplete, their guns will get worn out, when this happens where would they possibly get more of it from? its not like they can make it right?

WOW

ISIS jihadists order genital mutilation of all women in Iraq

http://timesofindia....ow/38979130.cms
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#35 depricated  Icon User is online

• RISC Architecture is going to change everything.

• View blog

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:11 AM

Just remember that the Syrian Rebels (al-Nusra) that the US supports are loyal to al-Qaeda, who has acknowledged their loyalty and assisted them. Faux News and CNN alike won't acknowledge or report this because it would spread such information to the American public, who would be outraged that we're supporting terrorists.

sauce: http://www.usatoday....ection/2075323/

Remember that one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. It's all a matter of perspective. This is why in Counterstrike Source I skinned the Counter-Terrorists as PIRA and the Terrorists as SAS. It's a valuable lesson in perspective. When a murderous Middle Easterner flies a plane into a building praying to his god, he's called a terrorist. When a murderous American drops a bomb on a building praying to his god, he's called a hero and his praises are sung. Why?

Major American News is unreliable. Fox is a mouthpiece for one party, CNN for another. Politics breaks down to inane, oversimplified ideologies. A "Good American" by Republican standards drives a diesel truck with a gun rack in the back and a cross on the hood, goes to church on Sunday while admiring the strange fruit of those southern trees, and isn't afraid to die to kill some abortionist-pig atheistic-muslim god-hating anti-american democrat faggots. Of course, it's equally true for other side. Democrats aren't QUITE as extreme, because they're not as violent, but they're just as bad. You're fucked if, like me, you don't subscribe to either ideology. If you're a libertarian, you're automatically the lapdog of the republican party (see: Tea Party). If you're progressive, you're clearly a democrat trying to play both sides.

Fuck Fox. Fuck CNN. Fuck the warmongering American Media. I don't want war, I don't want people anywhere to be bombed or missiled or gunned down just because they have the unfortunate correlation of living in the same city as some asshole who wants war.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

#36 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:30 AM

@dep - yeah, but the OP has an obviously serious beef with these guys.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:44 AM

Sadly I must agree to what depricated posted.

At the end of the day this is the truth I did some research and he is absolutely correct.

A shame now, hopefully good people would be able to combat ISIS, most likely not with their new $2 billion US budget in looting banks etc.

This may be one situation where we will have to walk away from. Who would have taught invading Iraq and Medellin in other people business to bring democracy would have led to this.

I guess Saddam as insane and bat shit crazy as he was, atleast he had a government and was executing based on imaginary beliefs. An imaginary belief of adultery requiring death that could be avoided by the people simply just avoiding adultery. Now with ISIS there is no hope for these people, those idiots don't even care if people are 100% muslims. If you aren't extremist they execute you.

We might see a Arab holocaust soon. Except this time it will be a situation whereby one race exterminates millions of their own people.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:44 AM

Couple of observations. I loved how this:

View Postjohn5220, on 24 July 2014 - 09:27 PM, said:

...US president who is supposed to be the most powerful man in the world but when it comes to this new terror group the Mr President is very afraid. I don't get it you have the entire US military at your disposal why run and hide in a corner?

So why be coward and afraid? people around the world are so terrified of this bullying terror group they are afraid to speak out against them.

Was immediately followed by this:

View Postjohn5220, on 24 July 2014 - 10:27 PM, said:

that useless Iraq war with Bush in the first place I was totally against that nonsense.

So, you support our efforts but only when you agree with them. It's almost as if you know better than us how to use our military and for what purposes. Keep in mind, Saddam had gassed Kurds, slaughtered southern Sunnis, invaded Kuwait, threatened the oil supply for the rest of the planet (from which America draws exactly ZERO of our imported crude oil, BTW)...but you were opposed to removing him.

View Postjohn5220, on 24 July 2014 - 11:46 PM, said:

Not exactly but what I am saying is clearly our law abiding and liberal solutions are 100% worthless when dealing with murdering barbarian Islamist.

Saddam wasn't Islamist. So, should we assume that mass murder and genocide is a-ok by you as long as its not got a religious motive?

View Postjohn5220, on 24 July 2014 - 10:39 PM, said:

They need to send back the US military into these places like Iraq etc and other western governments need to help.

Help how? Monetarily? I doubt it. It would be nice but it hasn't happened before and it won't happen now. Which lead to this cogent point:

View Postlaytonsdad, on 24 July 2014 - 10:59 PM, said:

The U.S.A can not police the entire world. It would go broke and fall to the wolves.

...except replace would go with has gone and you're there.

View Postastonecipher, on 24 July 2014 - 11:05 PM, said:

The military is not and has not been aloud to fight an actual war under actual combat rules since ww2.

The US is NOT the world's military, nor the world's police. Our military is supposed to be used to protect its' citizens. However, in the rules of politically correct bullshit, we are now contributing the majority of funding, resources, and troops to EVERY conflict, even ones that other nations should be handling on their own.

That's true but it has a reason that most folks don't know, aren't taught and don't bother to ask themselves why. They chalk it up to American war mongering that we're stuck into the middle of seemingly every stupid conflict.

View Postjohn5220, on 25 July 2014 - 07:51 AM, said:

I am also sure if Obama asks for help from Germany and others to go in there they can get it and, they can fix this. America with the help of France, Germany, Australia, India, Russia and China can make ISIS history and send a clear message if anyone else tries that their fate will become the same.

Wow. That right there is weapons grade fantasy land. China and India on the same page? Germany and Russia? Why would Australia give a flying fuck what goes on in Iraq? From what do you glean your geopolitical opinions? Playing Risk? But forget why none of those countries would do a damn thing to stop ISIS in Iraq (hint: they have no national interests in it): if the terrorists know Obama is a mewling effing wuss of a president, what makes you think actual leaders of other countries have any higher opinion of his leadership? What on earth makes you think Merkel or Putin or any other leader will line up lockstep behind "Syrian Red Line" Barry and march off to war against ISIS under his banner? He has zero credibility with other national leaders for the same reason he has zero credibility with terrorist leaders: he's wishy washy, doesn't make his own decisions and makes empty threats he never follows through on.

But let's go back to the notion of why it is that some snivelly foreigner demands American lives be placed in danger to protect Iraqi ones (which we did for a time and got precious little support for). Ask yourself why your own nation's military doesn't jump right in and handle this. Oh, you don't have the military means to do so? Hm. Why is that? Chances are, it's because after WW2 when the United States was the preeminent military power of the free world decisions were made to ensure the rest of the "civilized" world (read: "Europe") wouldn't have the means or the cause to set themselves and the rest of humanity on fire again.

Wars are about two things: money and power (and power really just serves to get money). WW1 was about competing colonial interests (money and power) and WW2 was about regaining former glory (money and power). Trouble was, WW2 ended with atomic weapons so WW3 was recognized to be something that needed to be avoided at all costs. Therefore, being the only country with atomic weapons (but knowing damned well that Germany, the Soviet Union, Japan and England all had groups striving to build the bomb so it was only a matter of time til that genie was out of the bottle) we decided to set things up so as to keep Europe from fighting amongst themselves as they had done for the nearly 70 years prior to 1945.

First up was Bretton Woods. Know what that did? It tied everybody's currency to the United States dollar, created the IMF and eventually the World Bank. In other words, it stabilized economies so that everyone could prosper responsibly and not feel the need to invade their neighbor to gain riches. It also ensured that if they did do so, their currency would immediately tank thus committing economic suicide. The results of Bretton Woods is still in play today.

Second piece was NATO whose sole purpose was to ensure that European nations need not build up massive militaries to counter the Soviet Union (the present bogeyman). This means that although Germany is far more industrially successful and richer than a united Germany has ever been in her history, she has a military that can't be used to invade or dominate her neighbors. Same goes for France, England, Italy, etc. In other words, NATO ensured that Europe neutered themselves. Who, however, was there to guarantee their safety in the face of the Red Army who was camped all over eastern Europe? None other than the United States. In short terms, it was our military that served to defend our allies and ensure they need not build up their own armies.

There is a reason why the United States military, despite being bordered by such notably bloodthirsty conquerors like Canada and Mexico, has 45 combat brigades, 10 carrier air groups and 9 amphibious assault groups. We surely don't have that many to defend ourselves...we have (and pay to maintain) that many to defend our allies and our national interests. Note the words defend and our in that previous sentence. Until and unless our allies decide to kick in dollars to help support the military that keeps them free, the decision to use that military is solely ours.

And, to be entirely frank, it is the American voter and taxpayer that our president is beholden to when deciding when and where to put American lives at risk. Would a mission against ISIS be a noble and virtuous one? In general terms, probably. Is it one that coincides with American national interests? No, it does not.

Revolutions, invasions, civil unrest and outright lawlessness exist around the world. They are the very binding of the book of human history. What ISIS is doing must command the support of the people it conquers for it to endure. They may indeed topple Iraq but if they do so it'll be with the tacit support of a large enough minority of the people. Those that disagree with them will adapt or leave.

Once they decide to mess with one of our allies, then we will (but with Obama, you can't really know for sure) act. Until then, we gave you guys the League of Nations and then the United Nations. Rather than go crying to your big brother, how about you speak to peers on your level and see if you can come to an agreement.

This post has been edited by Craig328: 25 July 2014 - 07:00 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 4
  • +
  • -

#39 depricated  Icon User is online

• View blog

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:45 AM

I have opinions on it but I don't think my opinions on who's right and who's wrong and who deserves to rule over that particular land mass entitles me or anyone else permanently residing on this side of the globe to go a-murdering.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:48 AM

POPULAR

You know, I had some opinions to voice over this whole situation, about how perhaps your country's government should get its head out of its own ass and take care of its own people instead of waiting for the Americans to swoop in wearing capes and tights and save you from the bad people... but then you mentioned how horrible it would be if other countries supported feminism.. and I realized I'm just a lowly, stupid, worthless woman whose opinion shouldn't count for shit, and I decided to return to the kitchen where I will proceed to make sandwiches while shoeless.. right after I tell you to eat a giant bag of dicks.
Was This Post Helpful? 8
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:53 AM

View PostBenignDesign, on 25 July 2014 - 09:48 AM, said:

You know, I had some opinions to voice over this whole situation, about how perhaps your country's government should get its head out of its own ass and take care of its own people instead of waiting for the Americans to swoop in wearing capes and tights and save you from the bad people... but then you mentioned how horrible it would be if other countries supported feminism.. and I realized I'm just a lowly, stupid, worthless woman whose opinion shouldn't count for shit, and I decided to return to the kitchen where I will proceed to make sandwiches while shoeless.. right after I tell you to eat a giant bag of dicks.

Posted Image
I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a delicious sammich made from thine own feminist hands today.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#42 depricated  Icon User is online

• View blog

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:54 AM

incredibly well put Craig, especially this:

Revolutions, invasions, civil unrest and outright lawlessness exist around the world. They are the very binding of the book of human history. What ISIS is doing must command the support of the people it conquers for it to endure. They may indeed topple Iraq but if they do so it'll be with the tacit support of a large enough minority of the people. Those that disagree with them will adapt or leave.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel about it. I don't think either side is right, but it's not for me to enforce my morality on them. If they take control, it is still by the consent of the people, in the end. If they start mass executions and people don't rise to defend themselves or get away, that's their own damn fault. This IS an apt parallel - in WW2, groups targeted for extermination by the Nazi regime were small enough and disorganized enough that they could not defend themselves as a unit. Gypsies, homosexuals, jews. That's why they got away with it. As Eddie Izzard notes, "Pol Pot killed one point seven million Cambodians, died under house arrest, well done there. Stalin killed many millions, died in his bed, aged seventy-two, well done indeed. And the reason we let them get away with it is they killed their own people. And we're sort of fine with that. Hitler killed people next door. Oh, stupid man. After a couple of years we won’t stand for that, will we?"

I can haz ham and swiss?

This post has been edited by depricated: 25 July 2014 - 06:59 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:55 AM

B9. Shoeless doesn't count unless you're pregnant too!
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:55 AM

"We shouldn't have gone into Iraq, but now since we did, we must stay there forever. Colonize the whole damn state. Colonize all of the Middle-East. But the human aggression won't stop there. Colonize the surrounding countries of those dirty mooslim sand people. Then colonize their countries. We have to make sure theres no war, AMERICA would never have people of its own country fight or kill one another! No way. So let's just colonize the whole world. Except Russia, because Putin-Sama <3. If only barack HUSSAIN obama wasn't an incompetent WOMAN (because they're less than people anyway) :gunsmilie: :gunsmilie: :gunsmilie: :gun_bandana: :gun_bandana: :gun_bandana: :tank: :tank: :tank: :2guns: :2guns: :2guns: "
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:56 AM

You know, I had some opinions to voice over this whole situation, about how perhaps your country's government should get its head out of its own ass and take care of its own people instead of waiting for the Americans to swoop in wearing capes and tights and save you from the bad people... but then you mentioned how horrible it would be if other countries supported feminism.. and I realized I'm just a lowly, stupid, worthless woman whose opinion shouldn't count for shit, and I decided to return to the kitchen where I will proceed to make sandwiches while shoeless.. right after I tell you & to eat a giant bag of dicks.

That's how I read this.

& for the record, superman is a bitch.

Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »