4 Replies - 512 Views - Last Post: 26 July 2014 - 05:15 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Saving the results of a jquery drag and drop game

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:59 AM

Hi

I've been working on a jquery drag and drop game.

I'm a novice and, although I got it working, I have no idea how to approach the next steps of what I'm trying to achieve. I would be really grateful for your guidance on what I need to do/learn.

Here's a description of my end goal:

A user would embed the game I have created on their website for their users to play with. Once one of their users has played with it, they would click a button within the game to 'save' it. This would then load a new tab, taking them to the game's 'own' website. Once there they would be asked for their name/email/password and once they had hit submit they would a) have a new account B) their creation would be saved.

In terms of saving the game I'm fine with just saving an image of a set area of the game (the game where the pieces are dropped).

In terms of the account/saving process, I would be fine with this being two separate steps.

My main experience is with html, javascript and css. I literally have no idea how to (i) save a jpg image of an area of the game, and (ii) create a website on which people can create accounts (iii) to which data can be saved.

Obviously I understand that some of this is really fundamental and obvious to you guys. But to a newby this stuff can be tough to work out!

I am happy for any advice you can give. Once I understand what I would need to be able to code, I am happy to go off and learn how to do it.

Thank you in advance.

V

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Saving the results of a jquery drag and drop game

• 痛覚残留
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Saving the results of a jquery drag and drop game

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:23 AM

In terms of saving the game I'm fine with just saving an image of a set area of the game (the game where the pieces are dropped).

I donít know anything about your game, but I would not call this "saving a game" since it somehow lacks the ability to load it again.

anyways, for what you want to do you need to use a server-side language and probably a database as well. once you decide on which to use, we can word our opinions.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:30 AM

Thanks for your advice. Yes, I suppose you're right! It's not really saving a game at all. It's saving an image of the game.

This post has been edited by Dormilich: 26 July 2014 - 05:15 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:56 AM

I will use php and a mySQL database. Can anyone advise on how to go about achieving what I've described above?

This post has been edited by Dormilich: 26 July 2014 - 05:14 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• 痛覚残留
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:15 AM

first you need to figure out what details you need that accurately describe the state of your game.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1