2 Replies - 3299 Views - Last Post: 28 July 2014 - 08:26 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

using coldfusion app in asp.net

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:25 PM

I have inherited a project that involves reports created in coldfusion, I am creating an ASP.Net app front end that I would like to click on a link and display reports from coldfusion apps, any ideas..Thanks in advance
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: using coldfusion app in asp.net

#2 andrewsw  Icon User is online

• the case is sol-ved
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: using coldfusion app in asp.net

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:49 PM

There is a product called BlueDragon.NET:

What is BlueDragon.NET? Well basically it’s a collection of .NET assemblies for redeploying and integrating ColdFusion (CFML) with any .NET platform. For instance you can run CFML pages without the need for ColdFusion Server, share session, application, local variables…etc. between CFML and ASP.NET pages, call ColdFusion components (CFCs) from .NET, call .NET objects from CFML…and so on.

I can't help you with ColdFusion other than offering this link ;), although a longer term solution would be to migrate CF to .NET.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: using coldfusion app in asp.net

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:26 AM

I'll have to second andrewsw on this one. Bluedragon is a CFML engine that runs atop the .NET framework and they specifically market it as a way to bridge CF and ASP.NET.

I used BD for quite some time (and still use OpenBD for my personal projects) and can report that it does quite well as a CFML platform.

Migrating everything from CF to ASP.NET would be a decision dependent upon the amount of code you'd need to migrate and how much cost you wish to incur doing so. The nice part about BlueDragon is that you get the full version free to use for 30 days and, at least back when I was using the .NET version, if you found that you hadn't fully evaluated it within that 30 days, they might extend you a little time.

The NewAtlanta folk were very helpful and approachable and wanted to make sure you had ample opportunity to test their product.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1