1 Replies - 113 Views - Last Post: 04 August 2014 - 03:16 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Books not just focused on one language

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:06 AM

As I'm sure most of you know building a website requires often numerous "languages". HTML, CSS, Javascript, PHP and maybe some others if you're connecting your site to a database. I was looking through google on website development books and most of them only go into one language or at the very most two languages.

I was wondering if anyone here could recommend a book that is designed towards building websites but by the end of the book I'd like to have a good understanding of HTML, CSS and maybe a basic to ok understanding of Javascript, PHP and an introduction to some other language like mySQL.

The problem is to build a basic site with some functionality I'd prefer not to read through 5 different books. Obviously I know that as my programming develops I'll have to read other books but just to get off the ground it would be nice if all the basics were wrapped up in one book.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Books not just focused on one language

#2 andrewsw  Icon User is online

• It's just been revoked!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Books not just focused on one language

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:16 AM

The nearest I could find is Building Web Sites: All-in-one for Dummies (amazon)

There are a few books that combine HTML/CSS and Javascript, but trying to cover PHP as well is a bit too much. I think such a book must suffer in one or more of the topics, although the book I mentioned looks reasonable (despite its focus on DW, ugh!)

This post has been edited by andrewsw: 04 August 2014 - 03:23 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1