13 Replies - 745 Views - Last Post: 11 August 2014 - 07:00 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

I Need Help To Setup Age & Location Verification In My Website.

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:50 AM

Hello i would like to setup age and location verification on my website http://www.bankheadlifestyle.com exactly like the one used on heineken website http://www.heineken.com showing COUNTRY, DATE OF BIRTH and ENTER.. EXACTLY LIKE IT. Thank you
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: I Need Help To Setup Age & Location Verification In My Website.

• Major DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: I Need Help To Setup Age & Location Verification In My Website.

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:14 AM

And what is stopping you?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:16 AM

What have you tried?>
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:54 AM

I hate sites who ask me my date of birth. I always write something like 25th December 01. I hope Jesus can drink beer and play PEGI 18 games (turns out he can't !)

This post has been edited by ge∅: 11 August 2014 - 12:56 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Major DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:56 AM

I'm not sure if it is a law or what, but I have worked on sites where alcohol was the focus and having the age check was a requirement.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:29 AM

The requirement is to certify you have the legal age, not to give away your date of birth (why not your social security number, just to be really really sure you are 18 ?). Moreover, this is required to protect the users, not the website, so using it to get your personal data is simply gross.

Sorry for this is a little bit off-topic

This post has been edited by ge∅: 11 August 2014 - 01:32 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Major DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:56 AM

Mine did not have date of birth. It was a checkbox certifying 21 or over.

I'm not seeing this as off topic, no effort has been shown of even , " see I have three select boxes."
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#8 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Toubabo Koomi
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:02 AM

I agree that an input box is no way a verification of age. If anything it just verifies the site viewer can do proper math.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:08 AM

does that really matter because you can put any answer down that will make you of age so the item is very moot and useless
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Major DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:15 AM

Maybe a stupid liability thing? I never saw the point. I have yet to meet anyone that got drunk looking at alcohol.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:49 AM

Talking about the impact of alcohol advertising on youth, do people raise their beer foolishly during concerts like in this ad in the USA ? Or do they prefer to actually drink the liquid instead of having a shower with it ? (oh, and do they talk to ladies with their headphones on ? I was just wondering)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#12 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:30 AM

astonecipher said:

I'm not sure if it is a law or what, but I have worked on sites where alcohol was the focus and having the age check was a requirement.

All part of the fun and games of self regulation.

Internet advertising.
O(1) Supplier sites. Suppliers who operate websites to promote their brands should use neutral age-entry screens, complemented by tracking tools to prevent minors from back-clicking to change their birth date once they realize that theyhave been blocked from an alcohol company website based on their age.

Company-Sponsored Sites
In the case of company-sponsored sites, the Commission previously recommended that companies limit access to those users stating that they are over 21, for example, by entering a birth date indicating an age of 21 or older to gain admission. 32 It also recommended that sites featuring content likely to have strong appeal to minors, or that permit alcohol purchases online, consider use of age-verification technologies, i.e ., systems that instantly compare the consumer’s personal information to electronic databases of government and commercial information, to verify that the identified consumer is 21 or older.

Self-Regulation in the Alcohol Industry Report of the Federal Trade Commission June 2008

View Postge∅, on 11 August 2014 - 08:49 AM, said:

Talking about the impact of alcohol advertising on youth, do people raise their beer foolishly during concerts like in this ad in the USA ? Or do they prefer to actually drink the liquid instead of having a shower with it ? (oh, and do they talk to ladies with their headphones on ? I was just wondering)

Yes.. they do it all the time, every time. In the middle of the pit, on the bus to work, in the shower, house parties, and even at grandma's house. Not only is it the most efficient way to stabilize your beer, but leads to awesome high fives.. all.. the... time.

Having a beer above the head is a great way to *NOT* spill it.. less body contact and more stabilization through the arm and vestibular system.. Not to mention - ti's just beer. If I am trying to enjoy a beer in a location where there is high propensity to being knocked into I will move to a calmer section, drink it, crush it on my head, passionately kiss the first 8+/10 that walks by, and storm back into the pit.

The headphones - yes.. once again this thirty second commerical depicts 100% of America. A few things - it is a commercial indicating shit you can win.. headphones being one of them. Second - some people have their headphones on low or even off and can have a conversation. Not everyone needs dubstep crammed into their ear nubs at level 11.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:29 AM

Since your comment was ironic I'm not quite sure of the answer but, typically, I don't see much people raise their beer above their heads like this during rock concerts* in France (that's the reason why I mentioned it). I actually find it a bit ridiculous, like: "Hey look! I've got a beer! Cheers! I'm 21! My arm is hurting a little bit though... Hey wait! I'm actually gonna drin.. oops, sorry miss, didn't want to poke your eye with my elbow... Oh come on, you're already ugly as shit, no one will notice". You'll see people walking through the crowd like this for the reasons you mentioned but that's it.

And when the guy starts jumping at timecode 00:25 I want to scream "Noooooooooooooo !"

* it's worth mentioning they only sell draught beer in cheap flexible plastic glasses where I usually go, so you're very likely to spill it if you do large movements with your arm.

This post has been edited by ge∅: 11 August 2014 - 09:35 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#14 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Toubabo Koomi
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:00 PM

View Postmodi123_1, on 11 August 2014 - 11:30 AM, said:

In the middle of the pit, on the bus to work, in the shower, house parties, and even at grandma's house.

This topic is gonna make House Party look like House Party 2!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1