2 Replies - 1193 Views - Last Post: 12 August 2014 - 07:16 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Freelancing as Java programmer

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:44 AM

I have been learning Java for about 3 years now. I know Java SE very well and I'm interested in working as a freelancer. But as I browsed through all the projects, I saw, that knowing only Java SE is useless. They usually require more than Java. I would like to ask you, guys, tell me what is worth to learn with Java to become strong participant in bids?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Freelancing as Java programmer

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Freelancing as Java programmer

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:10 AM

That's a hard question to answer. If you look at the requests you should find a common set of needed skills outside of just java.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Professor Snuggly Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Freelancing as Java programmer

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:16 AM

View Postnomoremercy, on 12 August 2014 - 08:44 AM, said:

tell me what is worth to learn with Java to become strong participant in bids?

It comes down to 'can you code the project'. So take (for example) a clients request, & can you code that in Java SE? There are many languages, & many ways to accomplish the same task. There is no single silver bullet, there is no language that you're going to learn that gets you rich easier than another.

I'm not familiar with Java SE, it's shortcomings, or it's strengths. All I can say, is you will know best the answer to the question, because it comes down to your own abilities. If a client has a project with a need & you can't do it with Java SE, then what tool does the project need? What works best?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1