3 Replies - 1335 Views - Last Post: 21 August 2014 - 07:42 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Is it possible to remove my posts and everything from DIC?

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:08 AM

Hi,
The post is bound to appear strange in this forum for self-introduction, but could it be possible to remove my posts and everything from DIC? I find there is nothing worthwhile for me here, and either I can't speak English ;)/>/> or the moderators don't understand English.
I had a couple of public domain c codes which I can't understand.
I first posted my question to the forum for which I received no answer.
Based on common sense that forum moderators would be better equipped to help me I wrote to them (People do write to complete strangers for needs, don't they?!). The file attachment summarises the interactions that I have had with them.
The interactions with moderators
Attached File  Interactions_with_mods.pdf (64.16K)
Number of downloads: 135
It is funny and sad at the same time that my request to help me understand some codes is being treated as equivalent to my having asked for free codes.
May be people here in this forum won't consider it funny.
In which case, I would like to bow out of this forum.
Thank you and regards.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Is it possible to remove my posts and everything from DIC?

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Is it possible to remove my posts and everything from DIC?

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:12 AM

Per the forum rules we do not remove posts.

Moving to site questions.

If you have questions on the sites rules feel free to shoot me a PM.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Professor Snuggly Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:14 AM

View Postbkpsusmitaa, on 21 August 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:

The post is bound to appear strange in this forum for self-introduction,

It is strange that you would post a question about the site (removing your account) in the wrong forum (Introduce Yourself) as we do have a sub-forum Site Questions & Support.

It is funny and sad at the same time that my request to help me understand some codes is being treated as equivalent to my having asked for free codes.

this didn't receive any replies?

What I see is you getting help, but expecting us to just provide you the corrected code. We are not a coding factory, we're not here to just finish your project for you.

Based on common sense that forum moderators would be better equipped to help me I wrote to them (People do write to complete strangers for needs, don't they?!)

No, what you did was spam 13 members asking the same thing you did in the topic for which you got answers. You're just unahppy with the help you've received because you want code that you found on the internet to be fixed.

You greatly misunderstand what this website is about.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Saucy!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:42 AM

I am very confused by this whole situation. The OP came having difficulties compiling, which should have been rectified by the very first reply from Salem_c. The OP then asks for the options to gcc, and is pointed to 1. the man page, and 2. Google when he or she does not have the man pages for gcc installed. Then there seems to be some sort of attempt by the OP to change the code to provide a Brownian motion simulation, using this found code.

I believe the OP to not know C (or perhaps programming at all), and is trying to find out how to put all the pieces in this program together to make an executable.

I have added a new reply to the OP's topic which should hopefully help him or her.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1