How to make a .exe files for my.Net code

I have developed a product and want to make it as .exe file and instal

• (2 Pages)
  • +

17 Replies - 11781 Views - Last Post: 23 January 2011 - 06:48 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: How to make a .exe files for my.Net code

Posted 15 October 2007 - 12:07 AM

View Postaceofspades686, on 14 Oct, 2007 - 05:20 PM, said:

View PostLouisda16th, on 14 Oct, 2007 - 08:10 PM, said:

Yes but there ia a way to detect if the .NET framework is installed. Im not sure how to do it. Setup projects created in Visual Studio 2005 automatically take care of dependencies.

That's good to know, I was actually wondering about how to go about doing that myself for when I create the distribution for the project I'm currently working on. Do you know if it includes the .NET redistributable package in the installer? Or does it just tell them to download it from the Microsoft site?

In the properties section of the setup and deployment project there is a few options for how and where the framework is installed from. You can select to download it from Microsoft or you can ship the framework install with your product. Selecting the relevant option will take care of the rest for you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 05 June 2008 - 02:55 PM

hey i think that the .net framewok should be with the installer
.netframework3 is already installed on my pc
i tried to install it again,it gives me a messae to tell me that the program is already installed
i think it is enough ,or there should be a choice with warning that if the user chose not to install the .netframework,the message appears that the project may not work if it is not installed
that is the worst thing about vb.net,it needs that .netframework
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:48 AM

View Postaceofspades686, on 14 October 2007 - 03:35 AM, said:

Also, you mention "...irrespective of what ever OS..." VB.NET code will not run outside of a windows environment to the best of my knowledge. I may be wrong on that, but I'm fairly certain.

Also, if you're just looking to hand out the executable, make a build of it (Build>Build Solution) and the .exe file will be in your release folder in /Projects/%Project Name%/Bin/ though this is a bit risky simply because, even on a windows machine the user must have the proper .NET Framework installed.

I don't like to bring up old threads, but you can run .NET programs on Linux with something called Mono. I also believe that there is a version of it for Mac, but I am not positive.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +