• (2 Pages)
  • +

29 Replies - 1314 Views - Last Post: 19 September 2014 - 10:43 PM

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Destiny: Becoming Legend

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:13 PM

First, has anyone played the beta? I only found out about it after it was already done...

How many people have pre-ordered it? Anyone excited about it? What class are you planning on?

I have been listening to the live stream that GameStop has had going all day, and it looks pretty sweet. A combination of MMO, FPS, and RPG. Overall, I am excited though I won't be missing work for it :)

I'm looking forward to being either a titan or a hunter, but I am not sure what to think about them, there isn't much information about them available on Bungie's site (that I have found, and I haven't had a chance to read through all the forums trying to find information).

If you are interested in getting together with other DIC heads then post your username (Gamertag?) when you get it set up.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Destiny: Becoming Legend

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Destiny: Becoming Legend

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:20 PM

Looked interesting, but I haven't read much into what was going on.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Lord of Schwing
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:56 PM

Went to the midnight release last night... never realized just how passionate some people are about gaming till i saw that crowd. Wow.

Got a copy .....and now I'm at a conference till the end of the week :angry2: it looks awesome tho! Hunter all the way

Live Action
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:43 PM

Hm, sounds like my "get it on launch day" copy of the game won't actually be arriving until Wednesday or Thursday... Guess my plans for tomorrow night just changed...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#5 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:46 AM

FYI - there are some sort of code.. codes? What evs... came across them browsing imgur. I have no idea what they do, but make use of them?

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Ill-informed Mongoloid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:48 AM

I hope I'm just being pessimistic here, but those codes look like gear unlocks, or something similar. Probably pre-order, or something to do with the beta.

If they are gear unlock codes, how long do you guys reckon before it'll have the usual cash store?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#7 DarenR  Icon User is online

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:06 AM

picking it up today
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:39 AM

View PostBort, on 09 September 2014 - 03:48 PM, said:

If they are gear unlock codes, how long do you guys reckon before it'll have the usual cash store?

I greatly hope they don't go that route. From what I have heard their plan is to periodically release small expansions to the game and charge for additional content. From the sounds of it they are actually planning on either (a) releasing launch-day DLC, or (B) giving free access to the first 2 DLC/ expansions to users who purchased the $100 edition of the game (as well as having -- I believe -- cosmetic gear for those who got that edition of the game). So it wouldn't surprise me if that's what the codes are related to -- the DLC and/ or the cosmetics.

Though, really, as long as they don't make it pay2win, I don't have much problem with cash shop items. Especially if they are just cosmetic, instead of weapon variations/ new weapons that are locked behind a money gate.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#9 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 September 2014 - 09:50 AM

When I first saw an ad on YouTube, I thought it was the next Halo. Wasn't sure why Halo was going planet to planet.

I mean, it's aliens, shooting, the little floaty computer thing...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Lord of Schwing
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:46 PM

getting a bit slammed in the reviews and i can kinda understand why. I mean great game, really enjoying it and the mmo aspect has added some fun....buuuuut it doesn't feel like the next big thing that it was hyped to be. Like it tried to be a lot of everything and only succeeds a bit
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:46 PM

Yeah, some of the reviews are pretty harsh. I think there's definite room for improvement, but I have spent $60 on worse games in the past, so I am not complaining that much. I figure I'll get my money's worth out of it without too much trouble.

Campaign: Alright, not the greatest, and they should answer more questions, but I guess it is meant to be a 10-year epic, so that will hopefully fill in over time.
Multiplayer: Alright, though it seems overly fast paced, and the lack of built-in voice chat detracts from the social aspect. That, and the fact that character level can play a large role in how well a team does can make some games really annoying to play.

I haven't had a chance to try the strikes or raids, but I think those will likely be entertaining enough. I am still looking for a fireteam that is available at the same time I am... Up to this point I have played everything solo.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• LIKE A BOSS
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:21 AM

I actually held off because of the reviews. I was considering it as the tipping point for buying a next-gen console, but for me the scariest thing was the common theme of the game being sort of shallow. Still, I'm all about more co-op games being created, so I'm happy at least in that regard.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:19 AM

They just released the Vault of Glass (raid) today. It apparently has 9 levels in it and so far people have only made it to level 3. It is a multi-sitting dungeon which looks pretty epic. 6-person fireteam.

http://www.twitch.tv/itsDatto
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• DLN-000

• View blog

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:29 AM

I was never considering a console so never considered playing, but I'm kind of amused by all the rage directed at the game.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#15 Curtis Rutland  Icon User is online

• (╯□)╯︵ (~ .o.)~
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:53 PM

If only it were a PC game as well. I have consoles, but I don't play shooters on them. I just can't do shooters with a controller. I accept that it's possible to, because people obviously do, but I can't make it work for me. Ever since I started playing shooters on the PC, I just cannot do it on the console. Which is a shame, because I think I could have fun with Destiny.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +