3 Replies - 620 Views - Last Post: 06 October 2014 - 02:23 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Any good websites to practice and learn code? Specifically C#

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:19 AM

I am new to programming, I was previously an advertising major and have recently switched to computer science and programming. I am trying to find a good web based tutorial to practice and help learn code procedures and syntax. Ultimately I am trying to find something I can use at work to practice and help memorize terms during my down time, and bringing my book and computer into the office is cumbersome and frankly looked down upon. I previously had used Codecademy.com to begin learning Javascript, by no means do I assume this makes me proficient in it, I just thought this was a good jumping off point to coincide with class and allow me to practice during the days I work. I am currently studying C#, and unfortunately it is not offered on that site, and frankly I am finding it difficult to find anything similar. Programmr is the closest thing I have located. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Any good websites to practice and learn code? Specifically C#

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Any good websites to practice and learn code? Specifically C#

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:22 AM

Rosalind and Project Euler are great places to practice. I would note that while Codeacademy is nice for syntax, it doesn't teach problem solving. With Rosalind and Project Euler, the problems are math-y in nature. It will push you in a number of ways to learn how to problem solve.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#3 ybadragon  Icon User is online

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:39 AM

I would recommend Rosalind over Project Euler, simply for the fact that Rosalind seems to go into more detail about the problem and help get you thinking on the right track with the way they explain the questions.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 October 2014 - 02:23 PM

Khan Academy
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1