1 Replies - 2000 Views - Last Post: 18 December 2014 - 01:14 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

New to Wordpress and PHP, looking to change "season pictures"

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:31 AM

Like the title says, I'm new to wordpress as well as php, and I just started my first web development job ever, and a new grad. I've been working here about a month now, while I feel like I have helped the team out a lot over the past month, even taking over one of the websites they have done.

My php is very weak, I am picking wordpress up really well though. We have a guy that normally handles most of the php, however I would like to tackle this problem on my own.

The team wants to divide our video categories into seasons, which I have done already, and also to have a different picture to feature for each season. This is the part I would like some help with. If there were html pages I could simply go into and change it would be very easy, however, I need to find the correct page template, and add php code that will pull the correct picture for the correct season of each show that we have. We are a small team right now, only three developers. I'm pretty sure that the pages I am thinking about is built off of the template-archives.php but I'm not completely sure. I also don't know the code I need. I thought making a if else statement to step through to check which picture to pull but I think this would cause problems in the future whenever we have numerous shows and numerous seasons per show.

We don't have out site split into three "channels" each channel have different videos and seasons.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: New to Wordpress and PHP, looking to change "season pictures"

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: New to Wordpress and PHP, looking to change "season pictures"

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:14 AM

I'm sorry I don't really get your question. Can you provide more information about your site please, screenshots or a link to it would be great.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1