2 Replies - 17588 Views - Last Post: 19 October 2007 - 11:20 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: how can i create admin panel in php

Post icon  Posted 19 October 2007 - 02:20 AM

Hi,

i want to create admin panel of a site.
please help me
Was This Post Helpful? 1

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 October 2007 - 09:22 AM

Well since building a whole admin panel is kind of beyond the scope of a simple question and answer, I can tell you that building one is not relatively hard. As you may know administrative panels come in all kinds of shapes and sizes from extremely simple tool links to full blown informational dashboards using AJAX.

I recommend to any person doing an admin panel that they start small with it and grow it along with the site it controls. If you find yourself having to do something the long way, make a quick function to automate the process and put that tool into the administrative panel. Eventually you will have an admin panel that can get most of your tasks done in a relatively quick process.

I have designed quite a few admin panels for website contracts I have done and I always ask the person, or group of people, running the site what information or tasks they expect to be doing the most on their site. Then I tailor the admin panel to address those concerns. One client I had was all about the stats so their admin panel was more of an informational dashboard where they could quickly gage their visitors tastes and tools related to gathering, archiving, and breaking down stats along with the basic information like managing user accounts etc. Another client was all about the ease of editing knowing I would soon be off the contract they wanted to be able to update themselves. So their admin panel was largely based around editors that they could write content into and it would appear on their homepage.

In all cases though, figure out what you want to accomplish in the way of daily automated tasks, write the functions for them, and then make them accessible through a central admin controlled page. As your site grows, your needs grow and so should your admin panel.

Having said that, there is really no specific admin building tutorials because admin panels are different and serve different purposes. Again, develop your site, figure out what you could see that you want automated and slowly construct a page(s) that would meet the needs.

Hope this information helps! :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 October 2007 - 11:20 AM

An admin panel is no different then making another site or another big component of a site. Its simply there to help you whatever you want to do to do it faster and easier, such as having a file editor in the admin panel. That saves a lot of time then going to the ftp then download, edit and upload.

Admin panel is merely to alter the data and web configuration.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1