0 Replies - 82 Views - Last Post: 18 December 2014 - 12:21 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

TimePicker, Windows Phone, 8.1

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:21 PM

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask this sort of question. It also might be a bit of a stupid question.

I have an assignment for Uni that requires making a phone app for Windows Phone. I have Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate and Windows 8 OS, so I'm good to go, but I'm missing the component TimePicker in my toolbox for a certain part of the app I'll be creating. I've looked everywhere to see if there's a way of getting this component showing in my toolbox so I can use it, but nothing works (it's not in the lists of components that can be added when you right click -> add items).

Seeing as I'm a student I can use Dreamspark, so I decided to upgrade to 8.1 Professional seeing as I needed this to run emulators anyway, and the TimePicker component then showed up on my Visual Studio, but whenever I had to restart, my laptop got stuck in a loop that I can't get out of unless I uninstall updates, do a system restore, turning off automatic repair, etc. which in the end gets rid of Visual Studio so it's an endless cycle of this.

So my question(s) is, is there a way that I'm unaware of to be able to use the TimePicker component with my original setup of VS2013 Ultimate and Windows 8? Or is there something that I'm missing that I can do to stop this restart loop on 8.1 without having to get rid of Visual Studio, etc? Like a hotfix released by Windows or something? Or... Am I just screwed?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Page 1 of 1