Page 1 of 1

6 Replies - 782 Views - Last Post: 26 October 2007 - 06:42 PM

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Make it more Interesting

Posted 25 October 2007 - 02:11 AM

Hi,

As to improve the interaction and participation of the people, also to exchange and improve the skills that we have in us.Why dont we start posting problems(questions) to code(of various dificulty levels) and discuss how to improve the time space complexities.

example . suppose we have n sequential numbers jumbled in an array except one of them missing in it.How would we identify it efficiently?.etc

I think this wil improve participation of people and wil be a great ground to learn things.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Make it more Interesting

• The king of Nynex
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Make it more Interesting

Posted 25 October 2007 - 04:04 AM

Are you proposing that we should create a series of questions for people to attempt to answer and discuss the various approaches?

Just trying to clear up what that post meant. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 October 2007 - 04:07 AM

View Postharshakirans, on 25 Oct, 2007 - 05:11 AM, said:

Hi,

As to improve the interaction and participation of the people, also to exchange and improve the skills that we have in us.Why dont we start posting problems(questions) to code(of various dificulty levels) and discuss how to improve the time space complexities.

example . suppose we have n sequential numbers jumbled in an array except one of them missing in it.How would we identify it efficiently?.etc

I think this wil improve participation of people and wil be a great ground to learn things.

I think that's kind of the point of this whole website. People post their problems, and others help them. You should check out the forums under the "Programming Help" column.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• me editor am smartastic
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 October 2007 - 01:14 PM

There's been at least one coding competition that I've come across on this site; not sure if that's any closer to what you're thinking.

A thread with a bunch of member-submitted practice projects (just a few lines describing the aim of the project) might work.

-jjh
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 October 2007 - 08:23 PM

I think that's kind of the point of this whole website. People post their problems, and others help them. You should check out the forums under the "Programming Help" column.

@GWatt

Do you think this is happening in this forum??

Are you proposing that we should create a series of questions for people to attempt to answer and discuss the various approaches?

@fooboo

Yup thats exactly what i meant.

There's been at least one coding competition that I've come across on this site; not sure if that's any closer to what you're thinking.

@jjhaag

"At least one"<--This would be good for competations like what have been done before.I am suggesting it for daily basis to encourage new programmers and sharpen their skills.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• me editor am smartastic
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 October 2007 - 02:59 AM

I sort of like the idea...but daily might be a little much. I mean, most of the new programmers on this site are people taking classes, and for a lot of them, one assignment a week is pushing the limits of what they can do. And most of the more experienced people on the site seem to have jobs. But a diversion could be fun.

Maybe a weekly challenge? Admins or mods for a particular forum could pin it; not sure who would decide what would be a good challenge. Anyone with NNN+ posts in a particular forum suggests it? Contributors and up/authors and up can suggest a challenge?

-jjh
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Stomach
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 October 2007 - 06:42 PM

I agree with jjhaag, we will do it by weekly basis.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1