2 Replies - 958 Views - Last Post: 27 October 2007 - 07:30 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

what are the caperbilities of C++ for my program?

Posted 26 October 2007 - 01:38 PM

Hi, basically i want to develope a program that can create and exact image of a usb thumb drive and then store the image.

My languages that i am familiar with are java and C++ (ish)

From research that i have conducted i realise the best way to do this is gunna be through the .dd imageing route.

Can any of the languages i know handle this?? if not can anyone give me advice on a route i should take i.e the easiest language to code this in or books or sites i can look at to better my knowledge?

Thanks

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: what are the caperbilities of C++ for my program?

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: what are the caperbilities of C++ for my program?

Posted 26 October 2007 - 04:04 PM

Yeah your best route would be to use C++ to do this. I know it can be done. Especially if you want to go bit by bit for an exact image, C++ can get that low level for you. I would assume that Java could as well since it is based off of C++ after all, but C++ source might also be available that should help do this and you could model your application after.

Hope that helps! :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: what are the caperbilities of C++ for my program?

Posted 27 October 2007 - 07:30 AM

THANKS!!! that helps because at least now i know i can retrieve the image from a thumb drive in a language i know lol!

.....couple of more questions - you guys know what your talking about so im going to try and pick your brains.

My program is dependant on retrieving an exact copy of the device, hence your mention of a bit by bit image sounds perfect!

Have you guys got any resources, like sites or books i could look at to strengthen my knowledge? i've tried looking at dd images and i cnt find any good help for implimenting one.

anything to get me started would be great
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1