3 Replies - 258 Views - Last Post: 12 January 2015 - 11:31 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Hello Everyone!

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:18 PM

Hello guys! Lately I've been trying to expand my "computational world" and a random thought come to my mind "Would be great to join a community" and here I'm.
I really like computer science in every possible aspect, the areas I've practiced the most are Java, HTML, and well a little of other languages such as python.
My main problem is that every time I learn a language I just don't know what to do about it, my mind goes white, out of any idea. I would love to create a project, or to practice doing something, anything that keep me busy coding and learning more, and after hours and hours of thinking I get no result. That became my main reason to join a community related with programming.
I'm from Costa Rica, so any grammar correction and suggestion about my little problem will be completely welcome.
Thanks again for allowing me join this community, I hope to become a frequent user!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Hello Everyone!

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Hello Everyone!

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:34 PM

Welcome!

Have you looked at our project lists?

www.dreamincode.net/forums/topic/78802-martyr2s-mega-project-ideas-list/
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:41 PM

I'm gonna give it a look, not sure if I'm able to do anything yet (as you may noticed I'm not too experience, neither professional in the aread).
Thanks by the way!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Chinga la migra
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:31 PM

Welcome to DIC!

If you need things to work on, I suggest you try taking some courses - if you haven't done a course on data structures and algorithms, do so immediately. You'll write plenty of code, and you'll also learn a lot about how to think about the code you write. Tim Roughgarden's course on coursera is a good second-best, if there isn't a live course near you that you can take. (try your local state or community college, though - if you want to learn stuff, it's much better to be in the room with other programmers than to be in your house with just you)

Also, check out the problem sets at rosalind.info and projecteuler.net. Those should keep you busy while you think of other things to work on.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1