1 Replies - 89 Views - Last Post: 16 January 2015 - 07:39 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

In need of advice

Posted 16 January 2015 - 05:17 AM

Hey guys!
Keeping it as short as possible, I've been learning code online on some free courses offered by websites, but I feel like there's always something missing.
I hate my job and computer science has been fascinating me for quite some time, but only recently, did I decide to take a step forward and educate myself in this. I'm loving it so far!

If possible, I'd like you all to recommend me books, materials, softwares or even other websites that you think might be useful, in all kinds of ranges (beginner, intermediate, hard or even all together)

I'd like to focus mainly on mobile development, both regular apps and games, but of course, if there's some side knowledge required, or that you just believe I should know in order to be as good as I can be, please do include it.

Thanks in advance and have a great day!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: In need of advice

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: In need of advice

Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:39 AM

Welcome for your first post!

If possible, I'd like you all to recommend me books, materials, softwares or even other websites that you think might be useful, in all kinds of ranges (beginner, intermediate, hard or even all together)

That is a broad topic, and certainly has been answered multiple times in different sub forums. I would suggest poking around mobile, software dev, student campus, and the cubicle corner.

if there's some side knowledge required, or that you just believe I should know in order to be as good as I can be, please do include it.

There's no secret black book of knowledge, but I would suggest perusing amazon for the platform of choice.. search by most recent, best rating, skim the indexes to see what is covered, and flip through the reviews to see what you are getting into.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1